Gay marriage legal in all 50 states

But the sex "sins" are different. Homosexuality is perfectly legal now, and the recent gay marriage is celebrated as societal progress. Go back half a century and I'm sure you could have found a great many laws on the books prohibiting homosexuality. Adultery isn't exactly celebrated. But for the most part it's not illegal, and most of society accepts it as a fact of life.

If the sex sins are different than other sins, fine, but they should all be viewed the same. Sodomy with your wife, no matter how much she's into the butt secks, should be denounced by Christians in equal amounts to homosexuality. Either the same or not at all (I'd prefer not at all).

I agree. But that's not out in the open public. So it's comparing two similar but completely different situations

The difference is that you know about it? Like, you can see two guys holding hands and kissing, so you know they're gay, and that makes a difference? I don't understand that, especially when you and your wife almost certainly do sinful sex, or have at least experimented with it. You know those guys are gay because you can see it, but you know you're sinning too. So why aren't you as upset with your own sin as you are with theirs? Or, why pay any attention to them at all, the old, "Take the log out of your own eye" thing?

I think the difference between where you and I are is pretty small. Half a step, maybe, not miles and miles. I know you're not - and the vast majority of people aren't - picketing out in the streets all upset about the gays. But I know it bugs you all the same.

But the sex "sins" are different. Homosexuality is perfectly legal now, and the recent gay marriage is celebrated as societal progress. Go back half a century and I'm sure you could have found a great many laws on the books prohibiting homosexuality. Adultery isn't exactly celebrated. But for the most part it's not illegal, and most of society accepts it as a fact of life.

If the sex sins are different than other sins, fine, but they should all be viewed the same. Sodomy with your wife, no matter how much she's into the butt secks, should be denounced by Christians in equal amounts to homosexuality. Either the same or not at all (I'd prefer not at all).

Life is about people. Its about connection. Its not about butthole pleasures or the rusty trombones or dirty sanchez.

• Fire 2

Life is about people. Its about connection. Its not about butthole pleasures or the rusty trombones or dirty sanchez.

Speak for yourself.

• Fire 1

Gluttony is celebrated in this country, so is greed, and it would appear that turning a blind eye to your fellow man (social services/healthcare) is as well. I don't see too many christians up in arms about those things. And Jesus harped on a couple of those pretty good.

Where does it say it's a sin for two people of the same sex to marry? There are references to the sexual acts being a sin, but where does the bible forbid their union? (Honest question, I'm ignorant here) Plenty of straight marrages don't contain sex...

• Fire 1

And, here's part of the problem. Are you actually saying that someone being gay is on par with murder?

I was having a conversation with a friend Saturday night and someone made a comment about the court ruling on this. He just shook his head and mumbled that it all pisses him off. I asked why? All he could say is...."All these gays just piss him off". I then asked, "how did your life changes after that ruling". He couldn't answer it with anything other than...."it just pisses me off".

The more I talk about this with people who are agains this ruling, the more I realize, they really have no idea why they are upset....they are just upset.

I'm not saying it. God is the one who views all sin equal. My human being would definitely think that murder is worse. However we aren't talking about my viewpoint. Talking about God's and how he views them.

However, as someone else stated. Our government clearly isn't a "Christian" government so therefore it shouldn't matter that the gov't views it differently than God, sure. However I would maintain a stance that upon entering into a slippery slope opposing God, we are likely headed for some trouble. (In my opinion)

I agree. But that's not out in the open public. So it's comparing two similar but completely different situations

The difference is that you know about it? Like, you can see two guys holding hands and kissing, so you know they're gay, and that makes a difference? I don't understand that, especially when you and your wife almost certainly do sinful sex, or have at least experimented with it. You know those guys are gay because you can see it, but you know you're sinning too. So why aren't you as upset with your own sin as you are with theirs? Or, why pay any attention to them at all, the old, "Take the log out of your own eye" thing?

I think the difference between where you and I are is pretty small. Half a step, maybe, not miles and miles. I know you're not - and the vast majority of people aren't - picketing out in the streets all upset about the gays. But I know it bugs you all the same.

For the record, I know you are using the word "you" in generalities but I certainly do not engage in any of the sort with my wife. I've struggled with sexual sin in different times in my life. I'm past it, reconciled with The Lord, so it's done and over with. No need to be upset with my past. When I do have an instance of weakness I make sure to try and deal with it in prayer as soon as possible.

My point is, the government giving full green light against the laws of the Lord. I just see it as a slippery slope for us as a nation. That's where I start to get distraught more so than the people acting in homosexuality in the first place.

Gluttony is celebrated in this country, so is greed, and it would appear that turning a blind eye to your fellow man (social services/healthcare) is as well. I don't see too many christians up in arms about those things. And Jesus harped on a couple of those pretty good.

Where does it say it's a sin for two people of the same sex to marry? There are references to the sexual acts being a sin, but where does the bible forbid their union? (Honest question, I'm ignorant here) Plenty of straight marrages don't contain sex...

This might help. I didn't read through them to double check if it's what I was looking for but I'm assuming this is what you'd be looking for.

http://www.witnessfortheworld.org/homont.html

Here is one of them

1 Corinthians 6:9-11English Standard Version (ESV)

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[b] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

This has absolutely NOTHING do to if you think it's a sin or not. Absolutely nothing.

I might think it is a huge sin. But, the Government isn't here to make everything I think is a sin illegal.

And, on top of that, even if you think it's a sin and you think the Government is here to make it illegal, how in the hell are you going to patrol if two people of the same sex are having sex? This entire issue is absolutely absurd and it's ridiculous the amount of time that has been spent and venom going both ways (mostly from one) over something none of us have any control over.

• Fire 1

I'm no expert on the bible. But I suspect the issue of gay marriage didn't come up back in biblical times.

==============================

Looking at gay marriage from another angle, it doesn't run afoul of the two major precepts of the new testament: 1) love God; and 2) love your neighbor. So there's that. :shrug:

• Fire 1

This has absolutely NOTHING do to if you think it's a sin or not. Absolutely nothing.

I might think it is a huge sin. But, the Government isn't here to make everything I think is a sin illegal.

And, on top of that, even if you think it's a sin and you think the Government is here to make it illegal, how in the hell are you going to patrol if two people of the same sex are having sex? This entire issue is absolutely absurd and it's ridiculous the amount of time that has been spent and venom going both ways (mostly from one) over something none of us have any control over.

I don't think it is a sin. I know it's a sin.

And, like I said before, the government is NOT a christian government so I understand that they are not here to enforce such things. However this begins the very slippery slope of pushing God out of our country, and THAT is the part that I am concerned about.

• Fire 2

And, like I said before, the government is NOT a christian government so I understand that they are not here to enforce such things. However this begins the very slippery slope of pushing God out of our country, and THAT is the part that I am concerned about.

As a Christian, I am so tired of Christians feeling this way. This decision means absolutely nothing as it pertains to your's or my religion and how we can practice our religion.

Do you honestly think there weren't gay people having sex before this decision? Do you really think that now there will be MORE sin in this world??

I know Christians value the sanctity of marriage so much that many do it 2-3 times. But....good Lord....

There used to be LOTS of people who thought it was a sin for a black man to marry a white woman. As that has happened more, has this pushed God out of our country?

Christians need to stop pointing fingers and claiming everyone else is a sinner and start working to live OUR lives as good examples. And, that being a "good example" doesn't mean being judgmental about everyone else.

• Fire 3

Coach, as long as there are Christians, God is not being pushed out of our country. My church still had services on Sunday; two of them actually. I saw the Catholic church hold services also. I have seen many Christians on boths sides of this topic here and on Facebook. If you think the US government is strong enough to push/keep God "out", you are severly underestimating the power of God. Remember: as long as two people meet in His name, He will be there.

In short: it's gonna be okay.

I'm also a Christian that saw Friday as a great day for America, so take my opinion for what it's worth....

This might help. I didn't read through them to double check if it's what I was looking for but I'm assuming this is what you'd be looking for. http://www.witnessfortheworld.org/homont.html

Here is one of them

1 Corinthians 6:9-11English Standard Version (ESV)

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[b] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Like I said, nothing concerning marrage, but acts that are sexual in nature.

No one is coming anywhere close to pushing god out of this country. It's simply saying that religion has no buisness being involved in legal issues concerning the government.

As a Christian, I am so tired of Christians feeling this way. This decision means absolutely nothing as it pertains to your's or my religion and how we can practice our religion.

Do you honestly think there weren't gay people having sex before this decision? Do you really think that now there will be MORE sin in this world??

I know Christians value the sanctity of marriage so much that many do it 2-3 times. But....good Lord....

There used to be LOTS of people who thought it was a sin for a black man to marry a white woman. As that has happened more, has this pushed God out of our country?

Christians need to stop pointing fingers and claiming everyone else is a sinner and start working to live OUR lives as good examples. And, that being a "good example" doesn't mean being judgmental about everyone else.

It's not that it wasn't being done, and no I don't think it will result is "MORE sin". It's just like if weed were legal, it's not going to start some culture shock where everyone starts smoking weed. It doesn't mean that it wasn't done before.

For the record, being judgmental is NOT me saying "Homosexuality is a sin". That is a fact from GOD. Me being judgmental is looking at someone by how they act and assuming or thinking they might be gay and trying to affirm that to others without even knowing.

Good lord is right, some people need to realize what actual judgment is.

Here's what's really confounding. You're married (a very general "you"). You believe that's OK, in God's eyes and in the eyes of your fellow man. You enjoy the celebration of your wholesome love. And you would likely suffer no criticism, no fools who disagree with your love, no suggestion that what you're doing is "not okay".

How could anyone then possibly want to deny this to another couple? They love each other no less, I promise you. And they want the same things.