Riley Shelf Life

people, he wasn't banned because he disagreed with people. Heck, that's what this board is all about.

He was banned because you couldn't have a conversation with the guy because all he would do is insult people.

That's not true.

I considered myself his adversary. At least this past week. On some threads. There were other threads that involved no insulting at all.

Looking through his posting history he doesn't even crack the Top 25 of trollers or insulters. He brought some knowledge. Sometimes he was even right.

He didn't know when to shut up. Then again......it was pretty fun to poke him.

On balance, the people insulting jmfb were giving every bit as much as they were getting. More, actually, cause his insults were painfully lame. Mom's basement? Dungeons and dragons?

It was a misplaced banishment on a board that could use every bit of energy it gets. It was a lot more fun to put him in his place than to censor him. That makes him seem like a bigger deal than he was. Kinda ironic.

An yeah....the application of the rules is definitely tilted against Husker skeptics.

Yeah guy you have been his adversary, I think I fit that category a little. I just was real tired of his well I coach or coached so my opnion is way more important thing. I coached to 21 years, 15 of class A. Doesn't mean my opnion is anymore valid. I can look at a game and see stuff, and maybe don't get as upset about some things but everyone is entitled to their opinion and most guys on this board are pretty save

• Fire 1

people, he wasn't banned because he disagreed with people. Heck, that's what this board is all about.

He was banned because you couldn't have a conversation with the guy because all he would do is insult people.

That's not true.

I considered myself his adversary. At least this past week. On some threads. There were other threads that involved no insulting at all.

Looking through his posting history he doesn't even crack the Top 25 of trollers or insulters. He brought some knowledge. Sometimes he was even right.

He didn't know when to shut up. Then again......it was pretty fun to poke him.

On balance, the people insulting jmfb were giving every bit as much as they were getting. More, actually, cause his insults were painfully lame. Mom's basement? Dungeons and dragons?

It was a misplaced banishment on a board that could use every bit of energy it gets. It was a lot more fun to put him in his place than to censor him. That makes him seem like a bigger deal than he was. Kinda ironic.

An yeah....the application of the rules is definitely tilted against Husker skeptics.

Right, I'd argue folks were just as rude to him. But because it was 50 against 1, it's easy to ban the guy being ganged up on.

I do understand the personal attacks and warnings, but the ban hammer should go both ways. He also needed to chill out, I hope the ban was temporary and not permanent.

People didn't start being rude to him until he started his whole " I am the smartest man here B.S ". He would literally go out of his way to let you know that you are wrong and he is right because he has been around football for 236 yrs and has all the answers. When you disagreed with him on " fact", he would start getting sh**ty about it and would start to get personal and avoid the argument because he knew he was wrong. That is what got him booted. The guy did know his football but he was a total ass about it.

I was here, Stumpy. I knew all his techniques.

That's why I liked messing with him.

If he was pissed that he was getting a suspension notice in an insult-fest that cut both ways, I can't blame him.

What can I say. I have authority issues.

jmfbuhbye totally had it coming. I was surprised he didn't get a vacation prior to the personal attacks. I am not in the least surprised he turned a vacation into a ban by acting like himself, again. Whatever fun it was asking him questions he couldn't answer soon evaporated since he ignored them (the infrequent replies were never answers they were redirects, strawmen, etc.).

Yeah guy you have been his adversary, I think I fit that category a little. I just was real tired of his well I coach or coached so my opnion is way more important thing. I coached to 21 years, 15 of class A. Doesn't mean my opnion is anymore valid. I can look at a game and see stuff, and maybe don't get as upset about some things but everyone is entitled to their opinion and most guys on this board are pretty save

You're lucky he's gone or you'd be getting hammered. No I didn't bold all of them and also no I don't care how many such things appear in posts. So their!!! ;)

To me it seems all need to grow up a little. Yea he was obnoxious, self important. But this, "he attacked someone with personal comments" Oh NO how will I survive? You can hit the ignore button, if your big boy pants don't fit.

Cyber Bully crap is PC at this time.

It is a message board, he can say what ever he wants as far as I am concerned.

I really have no idea how some of you actually survive in the real world.

This crap means absolutely nothing, no one hurts anyone.

Let him back and all the others that have banned for like crap. Grow a pair.

Back to the topic...It might have been mentioned before and I had missed it but does anyone see Langsdorf sticking around for Rileys tenure and maybe succeeding him?

Then Bray to DC....need to keep him around

I could see that happening. Both those things. Someday, that is. :thumbs:

Back to the topic...It might have been mentioned before and I had missed it but does anyone see Langsdorf sticking around for Rileys tenure and maybe succeeding him?

I have heard these two names being floated out there already. Obviously, it is premature to have such talk, but more to the point, are we interested in another first time HC to run the program, no matter how great of a coordinator he may be?

I have heard these two names being floated out there already. Obviously, it is premature to have such talk, but more to the point, are we interested in another first time HC to run the program, no matter how great of a coordinator he may be?

In the coaching carousel we've experienced since Osborne's retirement, the worst W/L record is by the only one who wasn't a first time HC.

In the coaching carousel we've experienced since Osborne's retirement, the worst W/L record is by the only one who wasn't a first time HC.
Sure, Solich and Pelini were both first time HC (unless you are counting HS), but Callahan only had one year under his belt. The reason I brought up the first time HC question was not about records but more about how they will handle the pressure of the position, especially at a place like Nebraska.

WE WANT BARNEY !

Sure, Solich and Pelini were both first time HC (unless you are counting HS), but Callahan only had one year under his belt. The reason I brought up the first time HC question was not about records but more about how they will handle the pressure of the position, especially at a place like Nebraska.

Let's go back further. TO was a first time coach too. :thumbs: