Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

I find something really funny about this picture as it pertains to this thread.

Make no mistake that high school kids of high pedigree/talent/exposure still get access to free gear in non-violation means.

And even if they didn't, anecdotal evidence is cute and all but doesn't combat the numbers found specifically with college football recruits, but also just in the major college/pro sports in the US in general.

2015-01-27-FieldLevelDataFootballApparel

screen%20shot%202014-06-23%20at%205.36.0

screen%20shot%202014-06-23%20at%205.36.1

Running-Shoe-Market-Share.jpgbi_graphics_shoechart-1.png

Nike is good at marketing, news at 11. Nike having such a high market share in running shoes is crazy. Mizuno and Brooks are so much better.

Nike having such a high market share in running shoes is crazy. Mizuno and Brooks are so much better.

Agree, especially on Brooks. That must be for all "running shoes" sold, whether or not the person actually runs. I think if you polled actual runners, then that would look much different.

Nike having such a high market share in running shoes is crazy. Mizuno and Brooks are so much better.

Agree, especially on Brooks. That must be for all "running shoes" sold, whether or not the person actually runs. I think if you polled actual runners, then that would look much different.

A lot of people will buy "running" shoes just to wear around. I like the comfort of running shoes, but I don't run. Although I generally don't get Nikes anymore.

Nike running shoes almost ruined my daughters running career in HS. Her two sports are cross country and track.

It's an absolute joke that Nike actually sells more running shoes. Nothing but marketing.

As for the graphics posted. I find it funny that some of our biggest recruits we are trying to get tweet out pictures of their Adidas they just purchased because they think they are pretty dang cool. And..no.....they weren't free handouts.

• Fire 1

A lot of people will buy "running" shoes just to wear around. I like the comfort of running shoes, but I don't run. Although I generally don't get Nikes anymore.

I have a pair of Nike Shox for casual wearing. Those are probably classified as "running shoes".

Yup. I've switched back and forth between Brooks and Mizuno's, but my current favorites are the Mizuno Wave Inspires. They've stopped my knee pain, shin splints, etc... I do about 12-15 miles a week, and they're simply fabulous shoes.

Yup. I've switched back and forth between Brooks and Mizuno's, but my current favorites are the Mizuno Wave Inspires. They've stopped my knee pain, shin splints, etc... I do about 12-15 miles a week, and they're simply fabulous shoes.

Whoa! You just sold me on a pair. I've had shin splints since I was in junior high, and if they can make them even a little better, they're worth it.

Whoa! You just sold me on a pair. I've had shin splints since I was in junior high, and if they can make them even a little better, they're worth it.

Seriously, if you have a running store near you that will test your stride, do it. It's how I figured out that I was over-pronating, and needed outside support to help me knees and shin splints.

Over-Pronation-Of-The-Foot.jpg

I did it, and even though my shoes were $120, it was absolutely worth it.

This is exactly what problem my daughter was having. She had such bad shin splints that she would lay at home and cry if she did any type of workout. Her coach kept telling her to switch away from Nike and she kept refusing thinking that wasn't the problem. We finally forced the issue and problem mostly went away.

Coincidentally, the three years in high school that I had outrageously debilitating shin splits were the three years I wore Adidas basketball shoes.

did you ever ice them, foam roll them, or take ibuprofen for them? Shoes can only do so much.

Went with the Wave Tenjin recently. I don't run - but they get me back and forth from my pickup to the barstool nicely. I like em.