SIGNED - RB Jordan Stevenson

Honestly it's anyone's guess where jordan stevenson spends the next three years of his life. Barring any unforseen forcing of his hands you have to think he chooses UNL.

He's leaving school early?

Read somewhere, twitter IIRC, he said "league bound" so you would have to think he's got a goal in mind.

Saying you're league bound doesn't mean you expect it to happen in 3 years or that it's going to happen in 3 years. What recruited player doesn't expect to be league bound?

Pretty much every high school kid that's being recruited by schools like Nebraska and Miami are expecting to get to the NFL.

Which makes the academic argument irrelevant imho. Unless you're going to northwestern or Stanford everything else is in the same boat.

Pretty much every high school kid that's being recruited by schools like Nebraska and Miami are expecting to get to the NFL.

Which makes the academic argument irrelevant imho. Unless you're going to northwestern or Stanford everything else is in the same boat.

Also, being good at academics for the average student is not the same as being good at supporting student athletes.

• Fire 1

Ummm.....no

Even if a kid thinks they are going to spend time in the NFL, many value the education they get. Also, if they are s marginal student, they should value the academic help Nebraska has for athletes.

Hopefully he is just taking this visit to appease his mom to see "what else is out there". It sounds like his heart is set on Nebraska, and hopefully he will be able to communicate that with his mom after/during that trip. She did let him sign with Wisconsin over many closer schools.

I do think its good it is Miami and not Alabama though. Although Miami could offer instant playing time since they lost Duke Johnson.

Sounds like he is there now, and I guess no news is good news during his visit.

Funny comment from a Miami site. Sounds like they are still not over Ameer going for 200+ last year.

Why play for Miami when he can run all over us when we play Nebraska? We'll be so worried about Nebraska's potent passing game that this kid should have a field day against us.

• Fire 4

Ummm.....no

Even if a kid thinks they are going to spend time in the NFL, many value the education they get. Also, if they are s marginal student, they should value the academic help Nebraska has for athletes.

Many do, but I should've explained myself better. What I meant is unless its an ivy league school or the two aforementioned, a degree from most other schools won't set you apart(unless you want to live in that area after graduation). What does count, however, is the academic support as you mentioned where Nebraska is one of the best in the business.In Stevenson's case he isn't a marginal student whatsoever.

Mike Schaefer said on the radio this morning that he has one more visit to use and might fly home from Miami then to Bama.

Other than just expediting the process, I don't see why he wouldn't take all of his 5 official visits. Can't really blame him for wanting to see what's out there. I think he ends up at Nebraska, but I guess we'll know over the weekend

Mike Schaefer said on the radio this morning that he has one more visit to use and might fly home from Miami then to Bama.

Other than just expiditing the process, I don't see why he wouldn't take all of his 5 official visits. Can't really blame him for wanting to see what's out there. I think he ends up at Nebraska, but I guess we'll know over the weekend

Especially considering it's summer versus the usual December/January visits. The kid is on summer vacation, no school, probably no work since he thought he'd be in Wisconsin right now, and he's getting steak and lobster dinners every night and a nice hotel to crash this week courtesy of Miami, Nebraska and Alabama. No hurry, enjoy the hotels and "hosts" - then get u'r ass back to lincoln and get to work.

Per 247, he already took two official visits - Wisconsin and Oklahoma State - earlier in the process. Nebraska, Miami and Alabama would be his five.

I hadn't looked that closely before but his timeline is pretty odd. He was committed to Texas early on but took an OV to Wisconsin in September. He decommitted from Texas in December and committed to Wisconsin the next day. He still took an OV to Oklahoma State in January but obviously stuck with his Wisconsin pledge and signed.

Nothing wrong with any of that but that's kind of going a lot of different directions.

Other than just expediting the process, I don't see why he wouldn't take all of his 5 official visits. Can't really blame him for wanting to see what's out there. I think he ends up at Nebraska, but I guess we'll know over the weekend

Really, he owes it to himself to make a careful decision here rather than a snap judgment. Not being able to make it to Wisconsin, it's still a relatively quick turnaround on choosing a school that in most cases had not recruited him up to this point.