Making Sense of the RB Position

Cross---pass pro, short yard packages

Newby---homerun hitter, outside threat

Taylor---inside runner, pass pro

Wilbon---low to the ground, hip flexion, lateral cuts (similar to Stevenson, but less explosive)

Ozigbo---big back, proven passing threat

Stevenson---homerun hitter, inside/outside threat, lateral cuts

Nabity---pass pro, short yard packages

Nelson---inside/outside zone runner

Grouping these RBs, I could see (no order):

Pass pro: Cross, Taylor, Nabity, Ozigbo

Passing threat: Ozigbo, Wilbon

Inside zone: Cross, Taylor, Wilbon, Ozigbo, Nelson, Stevenson

Outside zone: Newby, Stevenson, Ozigbo, Nelson

Power: Cross, Taylor, Ozigbo, Nabity (maybe Wilbon and Stevenson)

Fly sweep: Newby, Stevenson, DPE

If you needed three/four guys to cover these requirements, I would say we could see Newby/Stevenson being our outside/motion/homerun threat, Wilbon/Taylor/Stevenson as the inside guy, and Ozigbo/Wilson as the pass catcher.

• Fire 2

Cross should have been moved to LB in the spring. Even if just as a reserve. And let him run around and smash people on special teams.

Hmm... personally, I don't know about that. One thing we know Cross is good at is his ability to go north and south, not so much his lateral movement, and you need to be able to move laterally quickly as a LB.

Sounded like Newby is ahead of the pack right now. Definite leader starting fall camp. Riley didn't even hesitate to say that.

I also heard someone say RB by committee was not something Riley usually did a lot of? With the competition and talent at RB that might change a bit.

Stop me if you've heard this one before.....

Post, not poster.

Yo momma's fat.

(What about poster's moms?)

Game on..

Unless the poster's mom is also a poster. Then game off.

What about, "Yo momma had an ugly son."

Why are we so sexist? Do all posters have to be men?

Post, not poster.

Yo momma's fat.

Game on..

I was referring to you, specifically.

Post, not poster.

Yo momma's fat.

Game on..

I was referring to you, specifically.

giphy.gif

• Fire 1

Here is what they are saying about Stevenson to Nebraska over at a Wisconsin board "Buckyville dot yuku dot com"

As I understand it. Nebraska has been trying to improve it's academic reputation since joining the B10. Doesn't this scream 'We care less about academics'?

Just awesome, we'll be going against him every year and possibly this October in Lincoln.

If there's one good thing about this, it's that him and his talent will be shoved in our face every time we play them and maybe more people will get pissed off about it and request that we give kids the same chance other "like minded schools" are giving. Let's stop playing with one hand tied behind our back while throwing at a moving target that has the scoring lines drawn on after the darts are thrown.

Ugh. Alabama would almost have been the lesser of two evils. The thing that really chaps me is that Jordan so badly wanted to be a Badger. He committed when we didn't have a coach. I believe he even got a Motion W tattoo. And now he's going to...Nebraska. A team we play every year. It's going to suck REALLY BAD if he becomes the next Montee Ball or Melvin Gordon.

Maybe he will only be A mere Abdullah when Nebby plays Sconnie!

I was over on buckyville reading some of this also. I usually only go to there leftover board the have some funny stuff on it. Anyway, some of them are kind of upset he didn't get into Whiskey while others are saying they won't lower their standards to let him in. etc. It is pretty well split from what I can tell. Whiskey grads to tend to think their degree is of a greater value than most and the definitely look down on Nebraska in that respect.

Usually when fan forums start making these sorts of arguments it's all uniformed BS. With 300+, Nebraska has had more Academic All-Americans than anyone, by a healthy margin. ND and MIT the only other two schools to break 200.

I'm not sure how many Academic All-Americans Wisconsin has in 2015, but in 2013 they had 34(!). Nebraska has had more than 100 on just the football team. Also as of 2013, WI did have an impressive streak of 34 consecutive years with at least one Academic All-American. That tied them with two other schools for second all time, trailing the top school with 42 consecutive years. That school? Nebraska.

All that's not to say that Wisconsin isn't a very well regarded university, but Nebraska has a much, much better track record of academic excellence with their "student ath-O-letes," which is really all that is relevant to this sort of rationalizing.

• Fire 4

Here are my conclusions I draw that most might agree with.

1. Ozigbo will RS

2. Cross will be Goal Line situation back.

3. 1 Back will have some sort of injury that takes their PT away.

4. Newby will be feature back to start with.

5. A young back will overtake that role eventually.

6. A young back will be disappointed in lack of PT and transfer.