Making Sense of the RB Position

We all know it comes down to Tommy, being able to throw the out passes a hell of a lot better. If he still can't throw it with any touch on it. It doesn't matter how good our backs are at catching a ball.

I hope Bret worked his arse off on it.

GBR!!!

You think Brett Favre helped him throw with touch? Favre more likely taught him to throw it underhand into quadruple coverage.

• Fire 2

Here is what they are saying about Stevenson to Nebraska over at a Wisconsin board "Buckyville dot yuku dot com"

As I understand it. Nebraska has been trying to improve it's academic reputation since joining the B10. Doesn't this scream 'We care less about academics'?

Really: We have 315 Academic All Americans total, 107 Football Academic All Americans.

Just awesome, we'll be going against him every year and possibly this October in Lincoln.

Be careful for what they wish for.

If there's one good thing about this, it's that him and his talent will be shoved in our face every time we play them and maybe more people will get pissed off about it and request that we give kids the same chance other "like minded schools" are giving. Let's stop playing with one hand tied behind our back while throwing at a moving target that has the scoring lines drawn on after the darts are thrown.

Oh, well!

Ugh. Alabama would almost have been the lesser of two evils. The thing that really chaps me is that Jordan so badly wanted to be a Badger. He committed when we didn't have a coach. I believe he even got a Motion W tattoo. And now he's going to...Nebraska. A team we play every year. It's going to suck REALLY BAD if he becomes the next Montee Ball or Melvin Gordon.

He could have it redone with no problem but I do not think he got a tat.

Maybe he will only be A mere Abdullah when Nebby plays Sconnie!

Ignorant comment

We apparently told Stevenson that he would come in and compete for playing time right away as only one RB currently on the roster had "proved himself" during spring ball.

Going out on a limb and assuming that particular RB was not Imani Cross.

Its Newby with everyone else trailing

Yup.

Obviously Newby proved himself if Riley named him the starter.

Cross was never going to be a full time feature back here. Taylor was injured and Wilbon was on scout team last year with a whole other offense. Doesn't surprise me only one RB stood out.

We apparently told Stevenson that he would come in and compete for playing time right away as only one RB currently on the roster had "proved himself" during spring ball.

Going out on a limb and assuming that particular RB was not Imani Cross.

Its Newby with everyone else trailing

Yup.

Obviously Newby proved himself if Riley named him the starter.

Cross was never going to be a full time feature back here. Taylor was injured and Wilbon was on scout team last year with a whole other offense. Doesn't surprise me only one RB stood out.

I agree that Newby will get the first opportunity to prove himself as the starter for the BYU game, but I think other backs will get some good playing time early on to see how things shake out. If Newby is fumbling too much, or not proving himself in a game-time environment, Stevenson, Wilbon, Devine, or Taylor could come in and take his spot.

Also, Riley did say at the press conference they have been working with Tommy on the short throws. To me this means more RB receptions this year as well, and that could be any of our backs.

I am still most excited to see Adam Taylor. I don't pretend to be an expert evaluator of RB talent, but I think he could be great. We have a lot of talent in the RB stable, a good problem to have.

Me too! He might be the best RB of the bunch. Seems like we've been waiting forever to see him.

*Might.

I second this I think if all of his talent and size is maximized that he can be special.