The Repub Debate

Yeah, I'm sure this is about respect, teachercd.

You don't feel like you would have been duped if you voted for a man and that man turned out to be a woman? Really?

I mean...their age is checked...their place of birth is checked...it appears that their tax returns are checked.

You don't have to like it or even care. I just think it is a good idea. I also want to know their medical history.

So, are you admitting women are better Presidents than men, or the other way around?

I think women are better Presidents and I don't even think it is close. I really can't imagine why anyone would think they would not be better.

A president's genitalia is not relevant.

Not to you. But I would like to know how we address them. Mr. or Mrs. or Ms.

For some reason, I don't think you would ever be in the position to meet the President in a face-to-face sit down. So, it shouldn't matter to you either...

Being respectful always matters.

But, if gender doesn't matter would you be okay with voting for a woman who turned out to be a man or vice-versa?

Says the poster who has repeatedly called Hillary Clinton a man in this forum.

• Fire 2

Add Gingrich to that list Moiraine. I think Carson was quoted off the cuff and didn't mention everybody. Betting markets have Gingrich as the favorite as of now.

I imagine that'll go over well. Let's double down on the old white man vote. Brilliant!

Seriously, objectively, Gingrich helps bring legislative experience and credentials to the ticket. But I don't know that he expands the map in any way since he's mostly an appeal to the GOP base, and his hallmark achievement is failing spectacularly to impeach Slick Willy.

Regarding Newt as a possible VP- I think it helps to shore up the base after a tough primary season. It also gives Trump the political weight that Cheney gave to GWB - an experienced insider to help the outsider. Newt won't help electorally - Good chance Trump wins GA anyway (Cheney didn't help GWB electorally - however those 3 Wy votes came in handy in 2000) and Newt's negatives will be somewhat seamless to Trump's in regards to 'family values'. Newt is seen as a change agent who brought change before and is seen as an out of the box thinker (that may be bad in some circles). He also ended up working wt Clinton on budget issues - so pragmatic enough to know when and how to reach across the aisle to get things done.

With all of the positive things Newt has said in support of Trump during the past 60 days or more, I would not be surprised to see him chosen as the VP. I think it would calm a lot of frayed nerves that both the establishment types have and also Cruz supporters.

A president's genitalia is not relevant.

Not to you. But I would like to know how we address them. Mr. or Mrs. or Ms.

For some reason, I don't think you would ever be in the position to meet the President in a face-to-face sit down. So, it shouldn't matter to you either...

Being respectful always matters.

But, if gender doesn't matter would you be okay with voting for a woman who turned out to be a man or vice-versa?

Says the poster who has repeatedly called Hillary Clinton a man in this forum.

Because we don't know! Just like I don't know Trumps net worth! Nor do I know if Trump is a man like he claims. WE NEED TO KNOW

• 2 weeks later...