B1G Games Week 1

Red Five

Thoughts on Minny & Michigan

1. Kudos for playing good opening games esp Mich on the road. Funny, SCar was home to UNC a couple years ago and the repeat game is at a neutral site. SEC doesn't really like home and home series I guess.

2. Michigan looked much better. Looks like they got some studs on D and are playing hard-nosed. QB was terrible and Mich could have won this game with an average QB.

3. Only caught parts of game but Minny D looked solid at times. I saw one drive where their O-line was manhandling TCU smaller D line and they marched it down the field with ease only to fumble near the goal line. It seems they could have run on them all night. Not sure if they abandoned that style or not. Minny's QB was throwing up some wounded ducks. Good for them for keeping it close with the #2 team in country.

1. Kudos for playing good opening games esp Mich on the road. Funny, SCar was home to UNC a couple years ago and the repeat game is at a neutral site. SEC doesn't really like home and home series I guess.

2. Michigan looked much better. Looks like they got some studs on D and are playing hard-nosed. QB was terrible and Mich could have won this game with an average QB.

3. Only caught parts of game but Minny D looked solid at times. I saw one drive where their O-line was manhandling TCU smaller D line and they marched it down the field with ease only to fumble near the goal line. It seems they could have run on them all night. Not sure if they abandoned that style or not. Minny's QB was throwing up some wounded ducks. Good for them for keeping it close with the #2 team in country.

We like home and home. Got one with Notre Dame coming up in a bit. The Carolinas were on a neutral site because it was the Belk kickoff classic, or w/e it's called. Minnesota fought pretty hard on Def - if only they had an offense.

We like home and home. Got one with Notre Dame coming up in a bit. The Carolinas were on a neutral site because it was the Belk kickoff classic, or w/e it's called. Minnesota fought pretty hard on Def - if only they had an offense.

Even when they had Cobb and Max Williams it wasn't much of an offense.

I think it's high-time people probably get off the Christian Hackenburg bandwagon. He didn't get much help yesterday from his offensive line, getting sacked 10 times. Heck, even a two-man rush ended up sacking him when we had 6 blockers.

But, he also didn't look crisp or sharp on his way to 11/25 throwing for 103 yards and an INT.