Suspended players for BYU game

Was any reason given for the suspensions?

No exact reasons, but I think Rose-Ivey might be grades related. Banker mentioned that he needs to take care of stuff off the field, when they were discussing how Rose-Ivey didn't earn a Blackshirt.

Who was given his Blackshirt.? Or was one given out that he would have probably gotten.

GBR!!!

Kevin Williams received one even though he isn't a starter

SHHHHHHHHHH! Not so loud with that one. Oh wait, he's not a back up. That's what he said.

Was any reason given for the suspensions?

No exact reasons, but I think Rose-Ivey might be grades related. Banker mentioned that he needs to take care of stuff off the field, when they were discussing how Rose-Ivey didn't earn a Blackshirt.

Who was given his Blackshirt.? Or was one given out that he would have probably gotten.

GBR!!!

Kevin Williams received one even though he isn't a starter

SHHHHHHHHHH! Not so loud with that one. Oh wait, he's not a back up. That's what he said.

I didn't say he was a back up. Because I know he doesn't like that. I just said he wasn't a starter.

• Fire 1

So apparently Rose-Ivey's tweet that I copy and pasted the day the article came out had DIRECT CORRELATION to this. PS I got blasted for posting his tweet in that thread.

Say what you've got to say, don't beat around the bush about it.

I don't remember the tweet.

Who cares what Gifford weighs. If he sticks his nose in and finds the ball we are already better.

I agree. Too much is being put into the weight of our LBs.

This "weight" at LB conversation needs to die. If you aren't athletic at your weight, who gives a crap what you weigh. Osborne and McBride figured this out a long time ago. Apparently fans are still obsessed with it for some reason.

You don't pack too much mass on a guy if it makes him unable to move well.......you just don't.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Lavonte David was only around 215 at Nebraska if my memory serves me correct. I don't see any Husker fans complaining about his performances while here.

From what I remember hearing the BYU coach, something like "What does punishment now do? They have been embarrassed since last year." Will they really suspend anyone for an entire game? I haven't heard anything but it sounds like slaps on the wrists outside of games. Any one know on BYU suspensions? I'll check some threads.

From what I remember hearing the BYU coach, something like "What does punishment now do? They have been embarrassed since last year." Will they really suspend anyone for an entire game? I haven't heard anything but it sounds like slaps on the wrists outside of games. Any one know on BYU suspensions? I'll check some threads.

I think this was the cause of a lot of the replies on the BYU thread. It was pretty clear that he didn't think he'd suspend anyone else.

I think this was the cause of a lot of the replies on the BYU thread. It was pretty clear that he didn't think he'd suspend anyone else.

joke. BYU talks integrity only?

joke. BYU talks integrity only?

Yes. Lip service only.

Honestly, guys...the only reason any of you care at all is because they are playing NU...if they were playing Alabama Tech no one would be bringing it up on this site. We don't really care about the integrity of BYU...a lot of us just want the Huskers to have an even better shot of winning.

This is why I have always said that as a coach, I love playing teams when they are not at full strength...it never bothers me and I never think "Oh great, now they will have excuses" just give me that win!

I've got a (serious) question. BYU coach has not announced his suspended players yet. That's "keeping your cards close to your vest". Why would Riley announce Nebraska's publicly so far in advance of the game? Seems to me that by telling the world early that our starting outside linebacker is not available, he's inviting BYU to test his freshman outside linebacker early and often. Why did Riley not also "keep his cards close to the vest"?

I've got a (serious) question. BYU coach has not announced his suspended players yet. That's "keeping your cards close to your vest". Why would Riley announce Nebraska's publicly so far in advance of the game? Seems to me that by telling the world early that our starting outside linebacker is not available, he's inviting BYU to test his freshman outside linebacker early and often. Why did Riley not also "keep his cards close to the vest"?

I agree with this

Honestly, I don't think that announcing on Thursday is "so far in advance of the game". BYU installed their offense and strategy last week and early this week. They probably didn't even have a full practice Thursday or Friday. They most likely had a light workout Thursday, and will have a walk through at Memorial Stadium today. I don't think they are going to do a complete overhaul of their game plan in one or two days, just because there is an inexperienced guy at the OLB position.

Honestly, I don't think that announcing on Thursday is "so far in advance of the game". BYU installed their offense and strategy last week and early this week. They probably didn't even have a full practice Thursday or Friday. They most likely had a light workout Thursday, and will have a walk through at Memorial Stadium today. I don't think they are going to do a complete overhaul of their game plan in one or two days, just because there is an inexperienced guy at the OLB position.

This, the moment he walks on the field they could key on him as well. I'm glad that Riley waited til late this week to announce rather than three weeks ago. Tomorrow will get here soon enough to find out how this all plays out. GBR.

maybe Riley really likes the new guy and he wants BYU to try throwing his way.

• Fire 1