***Official BYU Game Discussion Thread***

Who are some of these damn fools posting in here? MR had a great strategy to start the game, had his guys ready. Then after a rough 2nd quarter made adjustments that shut down BYU and got is two quick TD's... Another thing Bo could never do. Nebraska would've allowed 3 in the 2nd half if it weren't for the final dagger, which isn't on the coaches. That was won by the BYU players, nothing more. Nothing less.

Bo didn't break a 30 year streak. Or 29, or whatever.

Who the hell did he beat on opening day!? BYU is actually pretty tough if you didn't pay attention before the game or during.

Who are some of these damn fools posting in here? MR had a great strategy to start the game, had his guys ready. Then after a rough 2nd quarter made adjustments that shut down BYU and got is two quick TD's... Another thing Bo could never do. Nebraska would've allowed 3 in the 2nd half if it weren't for the final dagger, which isn't on the coaches. That was won by the BYU players, nothing more. Nothing less.

We played with no heart. Looked like they didn't want to be out there.

They hit us out of bounds, putting Sutton in a cart. No big deal.

Roughing the kicker. Foltz gets carted off. Let's play patty cake on the line.

We gave their BACKUP QB all of the time in the world to make a perfect pass and that's exactly what he did. We deserved this loss. Hopefully it lights a fire under this team's ass or its gonna be a long sh**ty season.

We played with no heart? Really? And exactly how do you analyze that?

What do you want the team to do after a late hit? Retaliate and get more penalties?

There shouldn't have been a flag on foltZ hit. Foster blocked the guy into him. Learn football.

Sure. It would've been nice to get to QB, but if you haven't noticed, on Hail Mary plays it generally goes that way. You should be more concerned with lack of coverage on the play.

toughest home opener in years. I'm not ashamed of the loss.

I am. This BYU team went 8-5 with losses to Nevada and Memphis. BYU will be no better this year. This will be their biggest win of the year ... if NU can even be considered a big win by the end of the year. On the other hand, BYU is still celebrating beating Texas, so I guess it will be considered a big win. Now I am even more embarrassed.

We gave their BACKUP QB all of the time in the world to make a perfect pass and that's exactly what he did. We deserved this loss. Hopefully it lights a fire under this team's ass or its gonna be a long sh**ty season.

What do you want the team to do after a late hit? Retaliate and get more penalties?

There shouldn't have been a flag on foltZ hit. Foster blocked the guy into him. Learn football.

Sure. It would've been nice to get to QB, but if you haven't noticed, on Hail Mary plays it generally goes that way. You should be more concerned with lack of coverage on the play.

What do I expect? I expect them to at least give the smallest of sh#ts. Instead they sat back, and got outplayed by BYU. Convert a 3 and 1, win the game. What happens? Stopped for a loss.

I am. This BYU team went 8-5 with losses to Nevada and Memphis. BYU will be no better this year. This will be their biggest win of the year ... if NU can even be considered a big win by the end of the year. On the other hand, BYU is still celebrating beating Texas, so I guess it will be considered a big win. Now I am even more embarrassed.

With Hill out.

I guess I have some different perspective

I'm impressed with the talent we have on offense.....didn't expect to have so many guys who could step in and perform at a high level with little experience. I thought we might look really ugly and was pleasantly surprised except for when they tried to turn Tommy into Joe Namath. When we played to our strength it looked good.

After all the hype I thought the D line would be special, but that doesn't appear to be true .....in that regard I thought the lack of blitzing and the prevent style pass defense was a recipe for losing and didn't say much for the D coach.

I think we're Northwestern right now and could go either way.

What do I expect? I expect them to at least give the smallest of sh#ts. Instead they sat back, and got outplayed by BYU. Convert a 3 and 1, win the game. What happens? Stopped for a loss.

Inability to convert on 3rd and short killed us, bad play and definitely bad playcalling.

BYU quarterback Taysom Hill is lost for the year with a fracture, according to coach Bronco Mendenhall.

Ouch

He's on my fantasy team. I knew he was a gamble healthwise but going out in the first game for the freaking season when they weren't even trying to run him? So the huskers lose and my fantasy-season is already looking like garbage. Just F'ing great.

I think we would have probably done a little better with some of the injured suspended players. The suspended starters need to pull their heads out of their hindquarters because it hurts the team. Time to shut your mouth and be a team player. We really will miss DPE the next few weeks because he opens up the field with his abilities. Turner just wont cut it.

With Hill out.

You mean like he was when a true Freshman led a 76 yard scoring drive with 48 seconds and no time outs? It seems Hill made no difference in this game