0-1

I would rather lose on a Hail Mary to a good team the first game of the season than beat FCS Middle Directional Tech 50-0 every single time.

In the era of the playoff, the only thing that matters is the W.

We aint making the playoffs this year brother. That was true before 2:30pm, and is true after, and has nothing to do with this game.

I would rather lose on a Hail Mary to a good team the first game of the season than beat FCS Middle Directional Tech 50-0 every single time.

LoMS said it, the playoffs were out of the picture this year anyways. And besides, only one team in last year's playoffs was undefeated and with as volatile as this year is supposed to be, I'd be surprised if one or two 2-loss teams made the playoffs.

Point is: a lot of good teams are going to lose this year and the opening game hardly defines teams' seasons.

Lol and essentially be out of the playoff talk week 1. Right.

Puts alot of pressure on the kids if the playoff is the goal which should be.

And don't bother to cue the Ohio state garbage. That's lightning in a bottle and a whole lot of "thanks" writing to others for losing along the way.

As a fan of college football I'd rather watch a close loss like this because it was exciting but there's no way I'd rather actually have a loss on the schedule.

We weren't making the playoffs this year anyhow. Watching some of the top ranked teams makes me realize how far away we are. Alabama would just steamroll us.

As a fan of college football I'd rather watch a close loss like this because it was exciting but there's no way I'd rather actually have a loss on the schedule.

We weren't making the playoffs this year anyhow. Watching some of the top ranked teams makes me realize how far away we are. Alabama would just steamroll us.

After watchING Eastern Washington. I'm not sure they wouldn't have beaten us too.

After watchING Eastern Washington. I'm not sure they wouldn't have beaten us too.

Now you are being dramatic...You are worse then my 6 yr old daughter.

• Fire 1

We aint making the playoffs this year brother. That was true before 2:30pm, and is true after, and has nothing to do with this game.

i mean it kind of isn't and wasn't true. It was and now is not likely, but not impossible

i mean it kind of isn't and wasn't true. It was and now is not likely, but not impossible

I will bet you every single thing I own we aren't making the playoffs. Would have made the same bet Friday.

That 29-game season-opening winning streak thing is stupid. Nobody "celebrated" that. It's just a stupid random media statistic that critics suddenly care about. It's easy to keep a streak like that forever: just keep scheduling Florida Atlantic and other crappy teams for the first game. That's the only reason that streak was at 29 games anyway.

I was alive last time we went 0-1, and it didn't make a bit of diffference in any way.

• Fire 2

Ok.... but what about in the future?

I hate this type of thinking. People were posting yesterday that it didn't matter because we weren't making the playoff this year anyway. If that was my outlook, I would find it impossible to be a cfb or Husker fan. Sad existence if the only satisfying thing is making the 4 team playoff.