Well, Pelini haters...

I'm still perfectly content that Bo is gone. To Stu, who says it's obvious we didn't make the right hire, making that judgement after a single game is a little... idiotic? Ya, idiotic.

Please Riley, prove me wrong. Seriously. I would love to be wrong.

No sarcasm, I really don't want to be right about him being an average coach.

But he's right. Making the judgment after one game IS idiotic.

Only time, ie., a season or so, can give us the full picture.

Pelini was a wild card that brought us a win loss record that hid our weaknesses, put us through humiliating blowouts with some regularity, spat fire and bile whenever things turned out badly, acted unprofessionally in the extreme at the end of his tenure and, of course, never brought us a CC or many signature wins in the last several years. He was a liability and will almost certainly never coach in the P5 again.

Proving you wrong is a useless, redundant gesture at this point.

Pelini vs a mobile QB wouldn't looks pretty at all

First, they weren't running Hill and if they did he'd have gone out even earlier.

Second, there is this thing called a defensive coordinator. A real AD would have told Bo to ditch Els, move Paps to LB's/ST's and brought in a top-notch DC. No Eichorst that isn't micromanaging, that's doing your damn job. Make that one move and we go from 9-3 with blowouts to 10-2 and competitive. Ditch Cotton, give the TE's to Fisher and the GA, then bring in a qb-coach we are looking even better.

Reality is that a couple staffing upgrades would have made a drastic difference in the on-field product. Instead we spent a ton of money on wholesale change so we can bring in another guy and watch him give us more buddy-hires. Granted they are certainly more experienced buddy hires than Bo's but we still have an issue.

I agree that these staff moves would have made a big difference. Only I would have shown Paps the door. Bo would have still had to give up the patty cake defensive strategy.

You got what you wanted. This is going to be a long season. And a long next several years until Riley is run out of town like Callahan. Grats guys... :angry:

Yes, I did get what I wanted. I am ecstatic Bo is gone. Thanks for the grats. Unfortunately there are still a bunch of idiots roaming these halls that thought, for god knows what reason, that we were somehow going to do better than 4 losses in a season wit Bo. Not sure what these people were smoking. And then there are the totally incapacitated morons that were satisfied with 9 wins even though no championships of any kind were included and part of the deal was at least a couple embarrassing blowout losses.

But I'm sure you aren't one of those dummies. You're probably just reeling from today's loss and wish you could take back your op. Right?

I expect this from a Pelini team. It's not going to be easy to unlearn what Pelini drilled into their heads. I think overall we had more quality plays. I think it's a step in the right direction and everyone second guesses the conservative prevent with one second left but I'd rather get beat by a hail Mary than have a team run 600 yards up the middle

• Fire 1

Guys, really. What pelini did what he didnt do. Riley and staff has been training these guys for a while now. Lets get off the bo blaming wagon.

Exactly. Riley's had 6 weeks coaching them. That's pretty much exactly the same as Pelini's 90 weeks with the 4th year seniors.

6 weeks and we can't even get a proper hail mary defense on the field? Yeesh. 6-6 it is...

You got what you wanted. This is going to be a long season. And a long next several years until Riley is run out of town like Callahan. Grats guys... :angry:

Yes, I did get what I wanted. I am ecstatic Bo is gone. Thanks for the grats. Unfortunately there are still a bunch of idiots roaming these halls that thought, for god knows what reason, that we were somehow going to do better than 4 losses in a season. Not sure what these people were smoking. And then there are the totally incapacitated morons that were satisfied with 9 wins even though no championships of any kind were included and part of the deal was at least a couple embarrassing blowout losses.

But I'm sure you aren't one of those dummies. You're probably just reeling from today's loss and wish you could take back your op. Right?

That was great JJ...LOL

Nebraska didn't fold today. there were no rushing records set against us. with 1 second left we were still in the game....not hitting the exits at halftime. no angry coach at the press conferance after the game. "you saw the game. what do you think?" no new audio tape of Bo telling everyone to eff off. no angry Bo spitting on the refs. yeah....i am not missing Bo.

Damn here we go again. There are only two camps. Those that love bo and those that hated bo AND wanted Mike Riley. I wanted Bo gone and and was not happy with the Riley hire. This game isn't changing my mind....

I liked Bo, but thought someone else might do better, if they made the right hire. It's obvious they didn't make the right hire.

The haters got what they deserved, an NCAA record bust, be careful what you wish for when you fire a 9 win coach. Present day Osborne wouldn't stand a chance against this instant gratification generation of fools.

Seems ironic to have these two lines in the same post.

• Fire 3