Hail Mary Defense

I googled Mike Riley ... and it popped up idiot. And maybe I heard it wrong or saw it wrong, but was that #28 Adam Taylor who downed a punt. OMG and some folks here think Riley and staff know what they are doing. For me, I hope Nebraska loses every game till they play Adam Taylor at I-back. No excuses here. Riley knew the Hail Mary was coming and even called a time-out to prepare for it ... EPIC FAIL. Ya'll need to start looking for a replacement. Have a feeling it is going to be an ugly year.

Keep playing the starting 5 O-linemen every play the whole game every game ... morale with the 2's & 3's will

drop to where they lose interest ... then you lose the battle in the trenches when a couple starters go out with an injury. It is a death spiral coaching philosophy.

By the way ... for the Husker faithfull ... you don't even want to read the comments about Nebraska on the Katy Tiger Board. No biggie because, hey, it's only a high school and what do they know. And that may be true, but it has also been one of the nations most dominant HS football programs for the last 2 decades

I always gave you the benefit of the doubt and made the choice to treat you kindly since you started posting here, because you were never negative or problematic, but I think from the very beginning I knew who you were, and you just proved it.

You don't care about Nebraska football. You care about the glory of your high school and the boner you get as a grown man when 18 year old boys from your school get exciting opportunities to bring praise and honor to your alma mater. You're friends with the Taylor family, right? You think his parents would be like, "Ha, good ole candyman, gotta love him" or more like, "What the actual f***" if they saw your 175 posts on a messageboard dedicated to praising their son? Or what about the eighth grader that you keep pimping out?

We. Literally. Do. Not. Care. At. All. About. What. Katy. High. School. In. Texas. Has. To. Say. About. Us. Nobody here gives two craps about your school.

Shame on your piss poor, cowardly perspective. You think Adam wants this team to lose just because he's not getting a lot of snaps? You think he'd respect you hearing that you hope his team loses until he gets his chance? Nah, man. He'd say that's pathetic and team first.

• Fire 3

I googled Mike Riley ... and it popped up idiot. And maybe I heard it wrong or saw it wrong, but was that #28 Adam Taylor who downed a punt. OMG and some folks here think Riley and staff know what they are doing. For me, I hope Nebraska loses every game till they play Adam Taylor at I-back. No excuses here. Riley knew the Hail Mary was coming and even called a time-out to prepare for it ... EPIC FAIL. Ya'll need to start looking for a replacement. Have a feeling it is going to be an ugly year.

Keep playing the starting 5 O-linemen every play the whole game every game ... morale with the 2's & 3's will

drop to where they lose interest ... then you lose the battle in the trenches when a couple starters go out with an injury. It is a death spiral coaching philosophy.

By the way ... for the Husker faithfull ... you don't even want to read the comments about Nebraska on the Katy Tiger Board. No biggie because, hey, it's only a high school and what do they know. And that may be true, but it has also been one of the nations most dominant HS football programs for the last 2 decades

I think your mommie needs to put your binkie back in your mouth and you should go nighty nite, this is big boy football talk.

I' not pissed at ya'll even though some of you are pissed at me for stating the obvious. When you say you are coaching by committee

it ususally means who ever in charge does not have a clue. And Radar if this is "big boy football talk" why do you have your panties all in a bunch over what I posted.

Sounds like radar is the one that' pissed and this is just the first game.

I am not happy with the loss but all in all there are some things to like about this team. You come in a say you googled Riley and it came up idiot, just reminds me of someone still in diapers that has no clue about bigboy football. My opinion of you stands.

Banker said he wouldn't change the call on the Hail Mary play.

That's the right answer. They defended it well scheme wise, and the players mostly executed it. That happens 1 time out of 100.

Wonder what Banker thinks about the prevent defense call, however. The very first play of that last drive when I saw that we had three rushers, I got really nervous and I said to my buddy, "Oh, I don't like this at all."

i remember my first beer

Boy, I sure don't hope this isn't a troll post, or a post trying to enflame the board....................can't be true. R.E.L.A.X.

• Fire 1

I always gave you the benefit of the doubt and made the choice to treat you kindly since you started posting here, because you were never negative or problematic, but I think from the very beginning I knew who you were, and you just proved it.

You don't care about Nebraska football. You care about the glory of your high school and the boner you get as a grown man when 18 year old boys from your school get exciting opportunities to bring praise and honor to your alma mater. You're friends with the Taylor family, right? You think his parents would be like, "Ha, good ole candyman, gotta love him" or more like, "What the actual f***" if they saw your 175 posts on a messageboard dedicated to praising their son? Or what about the eighth grader that you keep pimping out?

We. Literally. Do. Not. Care. At. All. About. What. Katy. High. School. In. Texas. Has. To. Say. About. Us. Nobody here gives two craps about your school.

Shame on your piss poor, cowardly perspective. You think Adam wants this team to lose just because he's not getting a lot of snaps? You think he'd respect you hearing that you hope his team loses until he gets his chance? Nah, man. He'd say that's pathetic and team first.

I was going to post something in reply to that HS jock sniffer, but I think you made my point.

So many "ifs" about the hail mary...

If we rush 4 or bring a LB

If Gangwish doesn't collapse inside

If the wind isn't blowning 20 mph into his face and the ball reaches the back of the endzone

If we run and extra 20 seconds off the clock by snapping the ball at 1 or 2 instead of 5 or 6 for the few plays before

If Gifford had plowed through the WR

I really think we should have rushed at least 4, but would have liked to see 5.

I also believe in putting people in the endzone that have great ball skills. I like when WRs are put back there. They can judge and read a ball better than most DBs. They go after the ball. I would have loved to see Westerkamp back there for sure, and then guys like Stanley Morgan, and another WR.

I really think we should have rushed at least 4, but would have liked to see 5.

I also believe in putting people in the endzone that have great ball skills. I like when WRs are put back there. They can judge and read a ball better than most DBs. They go after the ball. I would have loved to see Westerkamp back there for sure, and then guys like Stanley Morgan, and another WR.

I think in any hail mary situation you put your tallest/highest jumping WRs or DBs back there. Hovey is 6'4". Burch and Allen are 6'3".

But in this instance, with the short throw it wouldn't have mattered.

If Kellogg had tweaked his ankle in warm-ups bef

So many "ifs" about the hail mary...

If we rush 4 or bring a LB

If Gangwish doesn't collapse inside

If the wind isn't blowning 20 mph into his face and the ball reaches the back of the endzone

If we run and extra 20 seconds off the clock by snapping the ball at 1 or 2 instead of 5 or 6 for the few plays before

If Gifford had plowed through the WR

If Kellogg had tweaked his ankle in warm-ups beore the Northwestern game

I also do not understand the time out. BYU has a true freshman playing QB. Why give him time to get coached? Keep him as uncomfortable as possible.

I didn't have an issue with the time out. I don't think there was any doubt what the offense had planned, all they had to do is line up, snap the ball, and go. I'd rather have my defense get a chance to take a breather and discuss what to do. Obviously it didn't work out like we wanted it to, but I think taking a time out was the right decision.

That Hail Mary wasn't a fluke. Wasn't lucky. Wasn't especially blown coverage.

That 10 yard scramble by Mangum that let them stop the clock was the real blown opportunity.

But once BYU was in NU territory, I realized the Hail Mary was a pretty reasonable play for BYU. They got close enough to make an accurate pass near the cluster of their three 6'5" + receivers. No matter how Nebraska played it, BYU had a fighting chance. No miracle or mistake required.

And while they don't call PI very often on those plays, it's still a danger, and in this case would likely have handed BYU an extra play and winning field goal.

I would have liked to see an extra pass rusher myself, but that's the standard defense.