Dirty play and Officiating

C N Red

"Dirty play"?! C'mon, Fans, get over it. I thought BYU played a well coached, clean and disciplined game and they have some great athletes on their team: namely those beastly receivers they have. Bad hits, some they can happen, but were in no way intentional, it's just whining to say so. Give them credit for the W, they earned it every bit as much as we did had it gone the other way. I thought the refs called a good game too, BTW. NE just needed to make one more play and guess what, we didn't.

BYU: respect.

Wut?

https://twitter.com/BrianRTowle/status/640571200339447808

https://twitter.com/danhoppen/status/640543427831074816

Diving at a players knees, from behind, is dirty, no matter how you slice it.

cheapbyu.0.gif
Love how he gets on all four before rolling into Sutton's knee.

i know it doesn't mean anything now....but i am wondering if we know which players were suspended by BYU?

Nobody. The stigma the players have had to live with has been punishment enough. As knapp said in another thread, their "honor code" is a farce and they are hypocrites.

i know it doesn't mean anything now....but i am wondering if we know which players were suspended by BYU?

Nobody. The stigma the players have had to live with has been punishment enough. As knapp said in another thread, their "honor code" is a farce and they are hypocrites.

i thought there was an NCAA rule that states players guilty of fighting had to sit out their next game? must have been some minor detail that allowed them to overlook that rule.

i thought there was an NCAA rule that states players guilty of fighting had to sit out their next game? must have been some minor detail that allowed them to overlook that rule.

I think the fact that it was the end of the season muddied the details. IDK.

"Dirty play"?! C'mon, Fans, get over it. I thought BYU played a well coached, clean and disciplined game and they have some great athletes on their team: namely those beastly receivers. Bad hits, some they can happen, but were in no way intentional, it's just whining to say so. Give them credit for the W, they earned it every bit as much as we did had it gone the other way. I thought the refs called a good game too, BTW. NE just needed to make one more play and guess what, we didn't.

BYU: respect.

So diving for WR knees behind him while he's defensless is not a dirty play ??? You my friend are enabler, excuse maker, and overall about uninformed as they get.

A starting safety, 2 back up, a stat keeper and the water boy. The main guy that started the whole brawl with Memphis got a free pass because BYU didn't have another center that could snap the ball.

This is the same team that got into a full on brawl - not just a shoving match - with a team in their bowl game. If you don't think that the Sutton hit was dirty, I guess I don't know what to tell you. There's no way he didn't see the ball fly past - he was looking right at Sutton before taking him out. He had plenty of time to stop, but he didn't want to. End of story.

Did you actually watch the bowl game? Or just the fight on sportscenter?

Yes, as I watch almost all the bowl games, but what does that have to do with it? A fight is a fight regardless of how you are trying to justify it. BYU was pissy because they had lost and they showed their true colors.

This is the same team that got into a full on brawl - not just a shoving match - with a team in their bowl game.

Hmmm, I seem to recall a team last year, got in 2-3 brawls with this team from, hmmm, the S. FL area I think it was. Maybe somebody can help me out here...

Yeah, I'll help. That was called a chippy game. Can you help me out with something? Were there any punches thrown, or was it pushing and a lot of jawing back and forth? Maybe you need to reread what I wrote.

The Preator thing was ugly and there isn't a good excuse. That should have been a flag. I think he hurt himself with poor tackling later too. The kid seemed to get himself to the right spots, but he needs to learn how to tackle and how stay away from other players after a play is over. Sorry to see the Nebraska kid got hurt from bad play by a BYU guy.

The rest of this thread seems like stuff you say after a game when you are still sad. That's natural and the sign of invested fans. It was the kind of game that both teams did enough to win, but someone had to lose.

• Fire 2