Injury updates

Not sure I believe this:

Brandon Reilly also got banged up after a 41-yard catch on NU's final drive of the fourth quarter. Reilly tried to get off the field, but was met halfway there by trainers. Fortunately, it doesn't initially appear to be serious.

"(Reilly) said he had the wind knocked out of him, which was good," Riley explained

LJS

Apparently I've totally missed this:

Linebacker Michael Rose-Ivey left the game in the third quarter and did not return.

It's a groin injury, Riley said. Rose-Ivey did interviews after the game. He'd know more about his injury after an MRI on Sunday.

LJS

I noticed this on the last Miami series when we stopped them on the 3rd and 1. You can see Gifford in and Rose-Ivey on the sidelines jumping up and down after we make the stop.

Not sure I believe this:

Brandon Reilly also got banged up after a 41-yard catch on NU's final drive of the fourth quarter. Reilly tried to get off the field, but was met halfway there by trainers. Fortunately, it doesn't initially appear to be serious.

"(Reilly) said he had the wind knocked out of him, which was good," Riley explained

LJS

Yeah, I couldn't believe the Reilly was back in about 2 plays after getting the headshot. Kinda disappointed in our medical staff for letting him go back out there.

Yeah, I couldn't believe the Reilly was back in about 2 plays after getting the headshot. Kinda disappointed in our medical staff for letting him go back out there.

If it turns out he has a head injury, then sure. But if he was medically OK, there's no reason not to play him. Not understanding the disappointment.

• Fire 1

If it turns out he has a head injury, then sure. But if he was medically OK, there's no reason not to play him. Not understanding the disappointment.

Problem is you can't know if he was medically OK right after the hit.

Here is what I know from watching TV. BR takes a helmet to helmet hit. Wobbles a bit and can't make it off the field. Is back on the field 2 plays later.

I have a lot of questions. Was his given a concussion test? Is 2 plays even enough time to go through a concussion test? Did the trainer just ask "you ok"?

This is 2015. When it comes to head injuries, teams need to start being proactive instead of reactive.

Here is what I know from watching TV. BR takes a helmet to helmet hit. Wobbles a bit and can't make it off the field. Is back on the field 2 plays later.

I have a lot of questions. Was his given a concussion test?

This had me scratching my head as well. I could not believe he was out there so soon after the head-shot he received.

I have a lot of questions. Was his given a concussion test? Is 2 plays even enough time to go through a concussion test? Did the trainer just ask "you ok"?

This is 2015. When it comes to head injuries, teams need to start being proactive instead of reactive.

How do you know he wasn't given the concussion protocol? Not only does Nebraska have a competent medical staff on the sideline checking for such things, there was an independent observer in the booth watching specifically for those kinds of injuries, with the power to stop the game if they even suspect a player is hurt.

I'm not saying he wasn't injured, and I was surprised to see him out right away again, but this is a lot of speculation based on a few seconds glimpsed watching TV. We don't have any idea if he went to the turf because of his head.