Injury updates

Yeah, I couldn't believe the Reilly was back in about 2 plays after getting the headshot. Kinda disappointed in our medical staff for letting him go back out there.

If it turns out he has a head injury, then sure. But if he was medically OK, there's no reason not to play him. Not understanding the disappointment.

Problem is you can't know if he was medically OK right after the hit.

Here is what I know from watching TV. BR takes a helmet to helmet hit. Wobbles a bit and can't make it off the field. Is back on the field 2 plays later.

I have a lot of questions. Was his given a concussion test? Is 2 plays even enough time to go through a concussion test? Did the trainer just ask "you ok"?

This is 2015. When it comes to head injuries, teams need to start being proactive instead of reactive.

I agree. It definitely looked more like a head injury both from where he was hit and how his head snapped around.

OKJhZx.png

But now that I watch it again, he may have gotten a shoulder to the chest as well. He didn't look to dazed on the sideline with his helmet off so maybe he got lucky.

So, for the first half of the season, we'll have had our starting three LBs for not quite three quarters of play, is that correct? Sheesh.

Sounds about right. Help me fill this in.

MRI: 0 - BYU, 4 - USA, 3 - Miami

Young: 4 - 0 - 4?

Banderas: ? - BYU, 0? - USA, ? - Miami (he's been dealing with groin as well; may continue)

Edited by zoogs
editing; thanks bale

So, for the first half of the season, we'll have had our starting three LBs for not quite three quarters of play, is that correct? Sheesh.

Sounds about right. Help me fill this in.

MRI: 0 - BYU, 4 - USA, 3 - Miami

Young: 4 - 4 - 4?

Banderas: ? - BYU, 0? - USA, ? - Miami (he's been dealing with groin as well; may continue)

Young did not play against USA.