Injury updates

Sucks about MRI. He was going to be a big player for us against Wisconsin and Minny.

yep, less than 4 weeks. You noticed Wisky schedule? Easy-peasy. No Michigan St and Ohio St.

And no bye week until November 21st. (Huskers sked).

ScreenHunter_18%20Sep.%2022%2001.17_zpsf

How does Wisconsin get away with that? Meanwhile we will have Ohio State or Michigan St on our schedule through 2019...in 2018 we have both

Seriously?

So to win the B1G West, it's either win out (including Michigan State), or beat everybody except for Michigan State and hope that Wisconsin loses to I guess Northwestern or something.

Gosh. At least there's a snowball's chance that Wiscy accommodates this year, right? Although Northwestern (ranked?!) and Iowa both also avoid the two B1G titans this year.

• Fire 1

Seriously?

So to win the B1G West, it's either win out (including Michigan State), or beat everybody except for Michigan State and hope that Wisconsin loses to I guess Northwestern or something.

Gosh. At least there's a snowball's chance that Wiscy accommodates this year, right? Although Northwestern (ranked?!) and Iowa both also avoid the two B1G titans this year.

We can lose to MSU as long as we beat whoever we may tie in the division, whether that be Wisconsin/Northwestern/Iowa/Minnesota. We would own the tiebreaker, head to head. We could even get in with 2 conference losses.

• Fire 3

We can only lose to MSU if nobody else runs the table. This seems plausible, if those not great teams who avoid MSU and OSU all lose at least one game. They might all lose at least two. But if Nebraska loses two and one of those teams are also 6-2 and beats Nebraska, then we should lose the tiebreaker, right?

And that'd be fair. It's just the margin of error is very slim, and it's not because those other teams are great or anything. It just seems pretty possible for at least a couple of them to be at least 6-2 in conference.

We can only lose to MSU if nobody else runs the table. This seems plausible, if those not great teams who avoid MSU and OSU all lose at least one game. They might all lose at least two. But if Nebraska loses two and one of those teams are also 6-2 and beats Nebraska, then we should lose the tiebreaker, right?

And that'd be fair. It's just the margin of error is very slim, and it's not because those other teams are great or anything. It just seems pretty possible for at least a couple of them to be at least 6-2 in conference.

If you have the same conference record it comes down to who won the head to head matchup.

If we lose to MSU and another team runs the table, then they would have beaten us too to gives us two losses. So it wouldn't matter anyway.

• Fire 1

Reilly mentioned "good test scores." I presume that means they gave him the concussion tests? I would hope so, but I hadn't heard anything.

I think everyone was shocked he came back in the game only a couple of plays after that huge hit he took, when he went down on the turf. Glad to see there's no issue.

Reilly mentioned "good test scores." I presume that means they gave him the concussion tests? I would hope so, but I hadn't heard anything.

I think everyone was shocked he came back in the game only a couple of plays after that huge hit he took, when he went down on the turf. Glad to see there's no issue.

I thought I read that he said he didn't do any concussion protocol during the game. I don't think he would have had time to do anything extensive considering how quickly he came back in. Perhaps they did after the game.

But I don't think it was an issue. He said he didn't feel any issues with his head even right when it happened. That seemed hard to believe looking at the play but the cameras also showed him on the sideline with his helmet off right after he got off the field and he sure didn't look like he was having any issues from what I saw.