Injury updates

These injuries are such a downer. After Tommy, NU can least afford to lose DPE, LBs, DLs yet that's exactly what has happened. And we sit 2 plays away from 4-0. Woulda coulda. Hope these guys ALL heal up asap. I'd rather see them take an extra week if it's in doubt to give us a better shot vs. Wisky.

if we could actually put our entire first team on the field all at the same time things might look a lot better. seems we have had about 1/4 of the starters out every week. would love to see all the starters for the d-line and LB's all out there at the same time for once.

dude, we are no different than anyone else, we just don't have any depth.

• Fire 2

Still not Bando, VV or K Williams. Bando and VV were at practice but just doing some light work, no drills.

K Williams is hurt again? I was just getting used to the idea of him NOT being hurt.

On a note about MR consulting w/ Str&Con coaches, didn't we have an issue back around 2000 with improper or excessive squats causing a lot of groin pulls on the team? Is it possible they overdid it in the weight room?

Is Turner still less than 100%? He isn't playing much. Did he lose some speed with the achilles injury? I was hoping he would fill in for DPE.

Why does it matter who fills in for DPE? Reilly and Moore have done a fantastic job filling in for DPE. Turner has flopped every chance he has had out there. His best play of the season so far was arguably when he decided not to throw that pass last week in the red zone and instead took it for a 3-4 yard gain. He just hasn't been up to par. Too many other WR's have outplayed him and once DPE is healthy he will jump in front of him as well. Hoping for nothing but the best for JT, but he just hasn't outplayed anyone on our roster. Heck, even Hovey has done more with less this season so far. I hope JT can make some plays if given the opportunity, but right now, I'm not holding my breath.

Is Turner still less than 100%? He isn't playing much. Did he lose some speed with the achilles injury? I was hoping he would fill in for DPE.

Why does it matter who fills in for DPE? Reilly and Moore have done a fantastic job filling in for DPE. Turner has flopped every chance he has had out there. His best play of the season so far was arguably when he decided not to throw that pass last week in the red zone and instead took it for a 3-4 yard gain. He just hasn't been up to par. Too many other WR's have outplayed him and once DPE is healthy he will jump in front of him as well. Hoping for nothing but the best for JT, but he just hasn't outplayed anyone on our roster. Heck, even Hovey has done more with less this season so far. I hope JT can make some plays if given the opportunity, but right now, I'm not holding my breath.

Reilly and Moore have been great. They deserve the majority of the snaps.

JT is turning out to be a complete bust of a former top recruit. I know injuries played a big factor in his career, but he never panned out like most people thought he would.

I was thinking of the punt return position. The WRs have been fantastic.

I was thinking of the punt return position. The WRs have been fantastic.

I agree with this 100%. The WRs have been a bright spot so far (save for the drops in the Miami game), and Westy has done a good job at PR. But DPE has that extra-special make-something-from-nothing playmaker ability that makes your team better than the sum of its parts. Can't wait to have him back, but would rather rest him for Wisconsin than rush anything.