Injury updates

I don't think this team has any more injuries than other teams, but we have less depth than a lot of teams

Umm...no....there are some teams every year that have more bad luck with injuries than others and it's a major issue with whatever team has it happen.

Most teams that end up the year competing for championships are there in part because they have been lucky on the injury front. Sure, you can't point to OSU last year at QB. But, that was a freakishly exception to reality.

This year we have had major issues with injury in the front 7 on our defense and that does eventually have an affect on the team's performance.

As odd as it sounds, one of the reasons injuries haven't taken more of a toll in the front 7 in terms of production is the lack of a clear set of number ones. There's not much drop off due to a lack of delineation. Not a good thing, but it has given guys reps and in a transition year, which all coaching changes are, it does help lend insight. Nothing more than a moral victory when offenses are driving up and down, though.

In general, a lot of success is tied to injury luck, as was stated. Avoiding injuries is the holy grail of sports science. Nobody has a good answer.

I'm really impressed with the way the previous staff recruited the DE position. Fantastic job all around.

Don't forget LB. We are playing a walkon redshirt sophomore (who is kicking ass), true freshman, redshirt sophomore (who spent time last year at DE), and redshirt freshman (who was recruited as a safety).

I'm really impressed with the way the previous staff recruited the DE position. Fantastic job all around.

Don't forget LB. We are playing a walkon redshirt sophomore (who is kicking ass), true freshman, redshirt sophomore (who spent time last year at DE), and redshirt freshman (who was recruited as a safety).

#fullcupboard

#fullcupboard

With that in mind, it is concerning how DE recruiting is going for 2016. #3-4Defensive

I don't think this team has any more injuries than other teams, but we have less depth than a lot of teams

Umm...no....there are some teams every year that have more bad luck with injuries than others and it's a major issue with whatever team has it happen.

Most teams that end up the year competing for championships are there in part because they have been lucky on the injury front. Sure, you can't point to OSU last year at QB. But, that was a freakishly exception to reality.

This year we have had major issues with injury in the front 7 on our defense and that does eventually have an affect on the team's performance.

didn't say it didn't affect the team's performance of course it does but if this team had any depth at all at defensive end or linebacker it wouldn't be as big of an issue. Recruiting misses and just not signing enough linebackers before the last recruiting class is killing depth

#fullcupboard

With that in mind, it is concerning how DE recruiting is going for 2016. #3-4Defensive
DE recruiting has been a concern for a couple of years, hasn't it?

didn't say it didn't affect the team's performance of course it does but if this team had any depth at all at defensive end or linebacker it wouldn't be as big of an issue. Recruiting misses and just not signing enough linebackers before the last recruiting class is killing depth

Actually....it was unknown before the season but I have been impressed with the depth at LB.

• Fire 1

Actually....it was unknown before the season but I have been impressed with the depth at LB.

Definitely agree. Particularly with injuries to our only two proven players, we've still done really well.

I'd have to say the linebackers have been the best unit on the defense. That' not a really high bar to get over but I don't know what they could be doing a lot better than what we've seen.