Injury updates

I'm really impressed with the way the previous staff recruited the DE position. Fantastic job all around.

Don't forget LB. We are playing a walkon redshirt sophomore (who is kicking ass), true freshman, redshirt sophomore (who spent time last year at DE), and redshirt freshman (who was recruited as a safety).

#fullcupboard

#coachemup

#doesmorewithless

#noexcuses

I'm really impressed with the way the previous staff recruited the DE position. Fantastic job all around.

Don't forget LB. We are playing a walkon redshirt sophomore (who is kicking ass), true freshman, redshirt sophomore (who spent time last year at DE), and redshirt freshman (who was recruited as a safety).

#fullcupboard

#coachemup

#doesmorewithless

#noexcuses

Based on what they have, I would say they have coached them up

And has done more with less.

And I don't hear the coaches making excuses.

Go find me a DC anywhere in D1 football that has had to start 20 different players on defense and still be in every game.

• Fire 1

Not minimizing the amount of injuries that Nebraska has suffered, but I will repeat myself by saying the Big 10 is a meat grinder for all involved. This conference really beats each other up, and I believe that "first string, second string, third string" should rather be termed, "injured, playing hurt, and next man up, this is gonna hurt."

#fullcupboard

#coachemup

#doesmorewithless

#noexcuses

Go find me a DC anywhere in D1 football that has had to start 20 different players on defense and still be in every game.

To me, the defense making sides last week and keeping us in the game, despite a total lack of continuity all season long, is a strong showing for Banker. As much as we've dogged him, the D has been rock solid vs the run and is improving against the pass. He probably doesn't deserve all the dogging we give him.

#fullcupboard

#coachemup

#doesmorewithless

#noexcuses

To me, the defense making sides last week and keeping us in the game, despite a total lack of continuity all season long, is a strong showing for Banker. As much as we've dogged him, the D has been rock solid vs the run and is improving against the pass. He probably doesn't deserve all the dogging we give him.

We got a few PBU's, but we're still dead last in pass D, we're getting flagged way too much for PI, and we're not getting turnovers. We haven't forced a TO since the 1st quarter against Southern Miss, almost 3 full games ago. It's been 255 plays since our last TO, and on average, we're letting opponents complete 90 passes per interception.

We're also dead last in the country in allowing explosive plays (20+ yards).

The defense has a lot of work to do.

• Fire 2