Injury updates

I'm really impressed with the way the previous staff recruited the DE position. Fantastic job all around.

Don't forget LB. We are playing a walkon redshirt sophomore (who is kicking ass), true freshman, redshirt sophomore (who spent time last year at DE), and redshirt freshman (who was recruited as a safety).

#fullcupboard

#coachemup

#doesmorewithless

#noexcuses

How do people think this is so easy to do? Mind of a husker homer....smh

Is that good, Mavric?

To be fair, it was Stave's 2nd highest career passing total. So, it could be worse. :lol:

Really? I don't see another game where he's even thrown for 300. What am I missing?

Found it. He actually threw for 339 against Penn St. in 2013. Had 53 pass attempts in that one. That was also a Wisconsin team with Abbrederis

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/514230/year/2013/joel-stave

• Fire 1

Is that good, Mavric?

To be fair, it was Stave's 2nd highest career passing total. So, it could be worse. :lol:

Really? I don't see another game where he's even thrown for 300. What am I missing?

Found it. He actually threw for 339 against Penn St. in 2013. Had 53 pass attempts in that one. That was also a Wisconsin team with Abbrederis

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/514230/year/2013/joel-stave

Thanks. Must have looked past that one.

I'm really impressed with the way the previous staff recruited the DE position. Fantastic job all around.

Don't forget LB. We are playing a walkon redshirt sophomore (who is kicking ass), true freshman, redshirt sophomore (who spent time last year at DE), and redshirt freshman (who was recruited as a safety).

#fullcupboard
#coachemup

#doesmorewithless

#noexcuses

How do people think this is so easy to do? Mind of a husker homer....smh

Never said it was easy, it's a great stat.

But the only stats that really matter are 23-21 and 2 and 4.

With VV's injury I guess we don't have to worry about him going pro early. High ankle sprains tend to be nagging recurring injuries. Should we hold him out and let him heal? I know we are thin at DT, but I wonder how long he will last. Many years ago I remember taping up an ankle and continuing to play basketball. I could always make it through the game, but then I would be out for a 2 or 3 weeks.

Get over it, it's the truth in reference to depth, there's no arguing that.

Not with you, anyhow.

Does Randy Gregory leaving early for an NFL paycheck count against "The One Who Shall Not Be Named", in your opinion?

Leroy Alexander (3 interceptions and a fumble recovery along with 30 tackles so far this year) is also a solid defensive back that some are counting against last year's coach.

Why does it matter if he had that many passing yards? We had a chance to win the game and should've won the game even with his "record setting day". It falls on making stupid mistakes and not being able to put teams away more than our passing defense at this point.

Get over it, it's the truth in reference to depth, there's no arguing that.

Not with you, anyhow.

Does Randy Gregory leaving early for an NFL paycheck count against "The One Who Shall Not Be Named", in your opinion?

Leroy Alexander (3 interceptions and a fumble recovery along with 30 tackles so far this year) is also a solid defensive back that some are counting against last year's coach.

What counts against him is what isn't here in reference to replacements. You think there is another talent here right now to just replace these injuries? We've got depth in your mind?

Don't know what your issue is with me............first time I've even mentioned Bo in a thread in this manner.

You think there is another talent here right now to just replace these injuries?... We've got depth in your mind?

Most teams cannot lose three linebackers and not see a fall off in performance on game day. Same with Defensive linemen, where a quick guess is five injured players so far this year. Few coaches can recruit and develop well enough to have a third set of first string players available if sets #1 and #2 have injuries amongst them. So I am maintaining that it is unrealistic to scapegoat anyone for this amount of injuries affecting the team.

I don't expect you to agree with this premise, but I won't "get over it", since I believe it is correct. Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.

• Fire 1