Punting

Ok....it sucks that our punter got hurt but it sounds like he could be back in the next couple of weeks.

in the mean time, Broekemeier looks to be the man.

One interesting twist in this is that I always heard that he actually throws a nice ball. Not the best overall QB so he has always been down the list some but he can throw. So.....in the right spot, a fake punt might be interesting with him.

I don't see it happening against S Alabama but if we need something in the Miami game, it's an option.

• Fire 2

And I sure hope we have another kicker who can actually punt.. Did you not see Brocks punts.. They were terrible..

Ummm...for someone who wasn't recruited as a punter and was thrown into action with very short notice, I thought he did a decent job.

He did pretty well under the circumstances.

We all hope Foltz gets back ASAP. We will have to do without him till that happens.

• Fire 1

I'll be interested to see if walk-on Jamie Sutcliffe gets a crack at punting duties. Maybe kicking too. He has a big leg. Played JUCO last year. I suspect our coaching and training facilities will help him improve in both kicking and punting.

I'll be interested to see if walk-on Jamie Sutcliffe gets a crack at punting duties. Maybe kicking too. He has a big leg. Played JUCO last year. I suspect our coaching and training facilities will help him improve in both kicking and punting.

McKewon and Severe talked briefly about Sutcliffe. Supposedly he has a very strong leg, but has no control in terms of place-kicking. He also kicks it too low.

If Brown continues to struggle, they mentioned Spencer Lindsey (sp?) as a possibility for the place kicker job. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I think he is a walk-on out of Kearney or North Platte (or some other podunk Central Nebraska town). He got added to the roster when the team expanded after classes started, so he wasn't able to challenge Brown in Fall Camp.

• Fire 1