D(er) Trump(ino) Thread

Trump self-admitting that his followers would condone murder is hilariously poignant.

And his followers applauding him when he said that just shows how dumb they really are.

Trump followers are, for the most part, lemmings. I seriously doubt most of them research his claims, and if they did, they'd find he's full of it. Politifact gave him a 77% BS rating on his claims.

It blows my mind people celebrate him for "saying what people are afraid to." Is THAT really the part of our personality we want to champion?

But that's not what Obama is saying.

His ideology is that the United States needs to have a foreign policy in place that doesn't isolate us while simultaneously not making us the world's policemen. Once again, that's not a lack of leadership; that's just plain old common sense.

...while simultaneously keeping risk to our troops at a minimum. It amazes me that the same people that think our vets are so mistreated by and large support sending them over into various hellholes to be maimed or die.

Also, today it hit the fan what a racist Trump's dad was. All over CNN. This ought to be interesting.

To be non-PC for a moment, people who rail against PC are stupid and wrong.

They can't handle the fact that there is more to learn about how to socially interact with different groups of people than they already knew growing up, and they can't be assed to figure it out. They were clearly never taught to be considerate to others; at least, not to others. Instead of accepting that empathy, understanding, and acceptance are constantly evolving as we learn more about each other, they'd rather cling to their ignorance and loudly demand that they don't get any s### for it. But they've earned every bit of that disrespect.

It's OK, for example, to have no idea how to speak to or about a transgendered person. They're still very much on the margins of society and most of us probably have no clue. It's not OK to say screw them, we *shouldn't* try to make sure they can get the same respect and tolerance in interaction that the rest of us have always enjoyed by default.

It's stupid, and it's wrong. There's little need to be tolerant of the adamantly, dug-in intolerant.

• Fire 1

To be non-PC for a moment, people who rail against PC are stupid and wrong.

They can't handle the fact that there is more to learn about how to socially interact with different groups of people than they already knew growing up, and they can't be assed to figure it out. They were clearly never taught to be considerate to others; at least, not to others. Instead of accepting that empathy, understanding, and acceptance are constantly evolving as we learn more about each other, they'd rather cling to their ignorance and loudly demand that they don't get any s### for it. But they've earned every bit of that disrespect.

It's OK, for example, to have no idea how to speak to or about a transgendered person. They're still very much on the margins of society and most of us probably have no clue. It's not OK to say screw them, we *shouldn't* try to make sure they can get the same respect and tolerance in interaction that the rest of us have always enjoyed by default.

It's stupid, and it's wrong. There's little need to be tolerant of the adamantly, dug-in intolerant.

Let's not forget that all civil rights movements of any minority group that we now view as equal started off in the fledgling stages, as you see with transgendered people going through today. Just because it's always been that way previously isn't justification to cling to that same ignorant, uncompromising standpoint.

What we're seeing now with the advent of the term "PC" is a dangerous faction of people who feel they're protected and can continue being hateful to others because "free speech." You're just telling it "like it is." No, you're clinging to antiquated notions of the way human beings behave and being an ass.

In other news, I felt this was relevant. This derp is REAL, and is REALLY from our HS valedictorian. Zoogs, feel free to remove if this is somehow impermissible. I've redacted any identifiers:

y4bDece.png

a0BWNua.png

Sorry about the size.

I am all for be sensitive to people's feelings. However, there have been times when PC has gotten way over blown. Many times it gets over blown by someone who is trying to politically gain from the situation.

Sometimes something just needs to be said even if someone gets offended. That's life. Life doesn't guarantee you that you aren't going to get offended by something or what someone said. AND...sometimes it's warranted.

Seems like it is becoming clear that Trump wins the Republican nomination.

Then it's really going to get interesting when Bernie wins on the other side.

I won't be able to vote for either one, my only hope is that it blows up the parties so bad that something reasonable comes out the other side.

I honestly think Bernie would crucify him in debates.

I won't be able to vote for either one, my only hope is that it blows up the parties so bad that something reasonable comes out the other side.

IF it blows up to the extent that no one gets the 270 electoral votes.........it then goes to the House.

Hello, President Ryan.

IF it blows up to the extent that no one gets the 270 electoral votes.........it then goes to the House.

Hello, President Ryan.

I'm not saying that kind of blow up. I'm talking about the Republican party splintering and hopefully a more reasonable and useful party emerges. Same on the Dems side.

Hello, President Ryan.

I'm not saying that kind of blow up. I'm talking about the Republican party splintering and hopefully a more reasonable and useful party emerges. Same on the Dems side.

Understood.

I'm just saying that that is a distinct possibility.........certainly not likely.......but within the realm of possibilities.....

He's an idiot. Not a fascists.

1st of all, thanks boys and girls for keeping this thread lively and active whilst I've been away and bored with the topic of Trump in particular and the seemingly endless election cycle in general.

As to BRB, fascism, if we take Mussolini's definition--which I do- is mostly about the merger of the corporations with the State: a Corporate State. You know, the revolving door, etc. Legislation that favors corporate intersts primarily. The USA Inc, in this regard, is and has been, at it's core, a fascist State, especially post WWI onward. Trumpf is a corporation and now wants to join the State, i.e., prez. therefore, Trumpf is a fascist, it's really that simple.

I wouldn't necessarily say he's an idiot, but he certainly is a megalomaniacal narcissist. I suppose it's easier to call him an idiot, so I will concur, he's an idiot(and a fascist).

quote-fascism-should-more-appropriately-

I'd be curious to see sensitive topics such as feminism, college students fleeing from "hurtful" words, and how overall political correctness would adapt to a leader like Trump. Would be quite entertaining.

feminism has nothing to do with political correctness. It gets a bad name due to some crazies but the true meaning of feminism is equality for women. There should be a differentiation between feminist females who like to make sure everyone knows they grow out their armpit and leg hair and normal feminists.

"Political Correctness" is a phrase that gets thrown around way too often. Anytime someone is an a-hole their defense is that everyone is trying to be PC. It's a cop out.

I think there is a confusion with the term 'political correctness'. It's more accurate to say "social correctness" or "socially correct". That is, it's good social behavior--it's better for society--to respect and give equal opportunity to women, people of color, poor people, young people, etc. It's about respect. Even white males deserve respect. The idea is for society to progress beyond the racism, sexism, etc. Of course, that is contrary to what, historically, the capitalistic/class society has been based on.