2 WORDS

Canesfan01

Kaaya worries the heck out of me. He played well against us last year as a frosh in our house. We might give up 400+ passing to this kid. Need to figure out who we are on defense. Our rush defense is better but man this pass defense scares me.

I agree...I am not sure why Husker fans think he will not get his this weekend...I would put his over/under for passing yards at 450.

Kaaya worries the heck out of me. He played well against us last year as a frosh in our house. We might give up 400+ passing to this kid. Need to figure out who we are on defense. Our rush defense is better but man this pass defense scares me.

I agree...I am not sure why Husker fans think he will not get his this weekend...I would put his over/under for passing yards at 450.

Under by 100+ yds

Looking through the history of his time at Oregon State and the CFL, Riley and Company have a penchant for setting up special defenses to handle exceptional passers or running QBs. Sometimes called a 'box and 1' the Riley team will assign one guy just to play the QB every play, usually adding an extra LB or safety and playing 12 guys on defense throughout the game. This one man advantage creates mismatches and signficant problems for most defenses. He is free to blitz or drop back or simply play a monster or rover back patroling wherever. This might be a good scheme for this week end assuming we have a typical set of referees that miss the count. LOL

450 is a little extreme. Probably around the 300 to 350 range is more like it. The key is stopping the run. Kaaya is good, maybe the best pure passer that NU faces all year, but there is no way to get a read on Miami yet. They have played no one. Who is Bethune-Cookman? They didn't look super sharp against FAU in the first half, but did look better later in the game.

I like Nebraska's chances of moving the ball against Miami. They had some success against BYU and they are a pretty good defense. I just feel Nebraska may be a little more battle tested. Doesn't mean they will win the game, but I feel better about this game now than I did before the season.