Alex Lewis social media post

Red Five

His tweet was a mistake. However, the disappointing thing is that very few people call out the immature idiots that tweet players and act like spoiled 2 year olds when the team doesn't play how they think they should.

Those people are pathetic and much more of a loser than any of these kids that played hard to win yesterday. If you are one of these people you should be ashamed and embarrassed that you are that immature.

• Fire 7

I for one do not think any fan should call out a player by name. Talk specifics about the team not the individual players.

I don't see an issue with calling out an individual for individual play here on a board but to actually "stalk" a player on his personal social networks and berate his play is above and beyond!

• Fire 1

I have no problem with his thoughts. Probably shouldn't post/tweet it though as it will only compound the problem.

A bunch of entitled "fans" (and to clarify, as in this day and age, people always assume the worst, I'm talking about those who tweet him directly) think they can say what ever they want, and he's suppose to say nothing despite contributing more to NU they they ever have. If they are so tough and smart, why don't they suit up and try. Oh, that's right, they'd get there ass handed to them.

Thank you alex for lumping the 97% of all the excellent fans with perspective that would support you through anything with the 3% of asshats that arent even real fans anyway. Appreciate it. As if yesterdays game didnt already tell us this, the Bo Pelini mentality is still engrained in this culture. The neggy culture of embracing the little bit of bad over ghe tons of good and using that as a finger pointing tool. Gonna be a process to fully purge it.

These players need to learn who they're playing for.

They should be playing hard and giving 100% ass kicking wrath on each play because the guy beside them on the field is gonna do the same thing for them.

Don't play hard for me or any fans. We're just the average Joe dumbasses with a comment about each and every thing they do. Apparently we even have grown men who stalk college boys on Twitter. Who'd a thunk we could be that pathetic?

• Fire 2

Thank you alex for lumping the 97% of all the excellent fans with perspective that would support you through anything with the 3% of asshats that arent even real fans anyway. Appreciate it. As if yesterdays game didnt already tell us this, the Bo Pelini mentality is still engrained in this culture. The neggy culture of embracing the little bit of bad over ghe tons of good and using that as a finger pointing tool. Gonna be a process to fully purge it.

Part of me really wants to criticize him and get all up in arms about it. Yes, he's a team captain and he knows the program. With that being said, has anyone ever done or said something stupid when they were in their twenties?? Social media compounds moments of stupidity that we all have.

• Fire 1