Alex Lewis social media post

Red Five

Thank you alex for lumping the 97% of all the excellent fans with perspective that would support you through anything with the 3% of asshats that arent even real fans anyway. Appreciate it. As if yesterdays game didnt already tell us this, the Bo Pelini mentality is still engrained in this culture. The neggy culture of embracing the little bit of bad over ghe tons of good and using that as a finger pointing tool. Gonna be a process to fully purge it.

Part of me really wants to criticize him and get all up in arms about it. Yes, he's a team captain and he knows the program. With that being said, has anyone ever done or said something stupid when they were in their twenties?? Social media compounds moments of stupidity that we all have.

I agree. And maybe i just wasnt clear enough. My comments are more about the toxic culture that Pelini built and left behind. Its not about this particular instance with Alex. Its just overall scenario. The teams erratic, mental roller coaster performance yesterday followed up by of course another player twitter meltdown. Its the toxic culture im pissed about. Not alex.

Sorry Alex, but you made one of the biggest mistakes of the season. You have to own up to that.

Excuse me?

What makes you think he doesn't own up to it? Hell, he probably owned up to it the second he did it, and if not then, he owned it on the sideline with his coaches and teammates. He f'd up, it happens. You do it almost every day too. What you don't have is a bunch of dumbasses hounding your ass on Twitter every time you make a mistake do you? This kid has every right to respond to those idiots. I'd just prefer they left the social media alone and didn't even acknowledge these college boy stalkers, but Alex has every right to defend himself. Defending himself on Twitter doesn't mean he doesn't own the mistake. Geezus.

• Fire 4

Well, I'll echo what's already been said.

The most disappointing thing (moreso than the boneheaded penalty or the fact Smith lashed out) is that there are fans out there who actually get online specifically to send negative, hateful messages to 18-23 year olds about A GAME.

I complained as much about the penalty as anyone last night. It made me angry and upset we'd have a captain make such an idiotic mistake. But sh*t happens in life.

But NEVER, in my life, no matter how badly a GAME has turned out, have I EVER even considered seeking out a player to rip them for anything. That's beyond low. That's so scummy I can't even wrap my mind around it. Makes me sick.

With the leadership on this team, I fully expect coaches and/or other upperclassmen will be reaching out to Smith to tell him he bungled this situation and get his head screwed back on straight.

Silver lining: I actually like the fact he's fired up and got something to prove. We need the OL to carry this team.

Thank you alex for lumping the 97% of all the excellent fans with perspective that would support you through anything with the 3% of asshats that arent even real fans anyway. Appreciate it. As if yesterdays game didnt already tell us this, the Bo Pelini mentality is still engrained in this culture. The neggy culture of embracing the little bit of bad over ghe tons of good and using that as a finger pointing tool. Gonna be a process to fully purge it.

Part of me really wants to criticize him and get all up in arms about it. Yes, he's a team captain and he knows the program. With that being said, has anyone ever done or said something stupid when they were in their twenties?? Social media compounds moments of stupidity that we all have.

Amen! I think we sometimes forget that these are young men. They are not NFL players. Did he do something stupid? Yes, he shouldn't have shoved that Miami kid. Did that lose the game for us? No. Alex needs to learn to play for his team-not the fans-for his team. If he had that attitude he would make sure that he was playing as hard and as accurately as he could. THAT kind of attitude is what defines a leader-a captain.

I'm for fans not calling out amateur players....I know it's hard to avoid sometimes when you question why the coach is playing this guy over that guy, because what else would we do around here?.......but I just think it's wise to consider that there are a lot of factors that contribute to everything that happens in the game and to blame one player personally isn't right. Consider that maybe the player you think is so bad is the best that we have at the position and without him it would be worse. I can think of teams full of 3 stars that over and underachieve all the time...people think they're great, then they suck, then they're great, then they suck, etc...

Sorry Alex, but you made one of the biggest mistakes of the season. You have to own up to that.

Excuse me?

What makes you think he doesn't own up to it? Hell, he probably owned up to it the second he did it, and if not then, he owned it on the sideline with his coaches and teammates. He f'd up, it happens. You do it almost every day too. What you don't have is a bunch of dumbasses hounding your ass on Twitter every time you make a mistake do you? This kid has every right to respond to those idiots. I'd just prefer they left the social media alone and didn't even acknowledge these college boy stalkers, but Alex has every right to defend himself. Defending himself on Twitter doesn't mean he doesn't own the mistake. Geezus.

Oh unbunch your bikini briefs. The point is this is part of being a player. You make a bonehead mistake like that, people are going to overreact and be jerks about it. Part of being a player on any team. Sucks that he or any player has to experience crappy fandom, but it is what it is.

The improper way to handle it? Get on facebook and announce you are turning your back on the fans.

How the f#*k is that owning up to it True?

Really? He's about 21 years old.....tear him a new one redux. I'm sure he doesn't already feel bad about the penalty. It's a f#cking game for kids, played by kids, that we get to watch. After seeing some of your comments, you need to place a lot less emphasis in your life on how a football team performs. It's not a good look and it's not just you. Way too many tie their happiness to how this mediocre team plays a game. Think about it for awhile and figure why it has absolutely zero to do with you personally and it might help put things in perspective.

• Fire 2

Really? He's about 21 years old.....tear him a new one redux. I'm sure he doesn't already feel bad about the penalty. It's a f#cking game for kids, played by kids, that we get to watch. After seeing some of your comments, you need to place a lot less emphasis in your life on how a football team performs. It's not a good look and it's not just you. Way too many tie their happiness to how this mediocre team plays a game. Think about it for awhile and figure why it has absolutely zero to do with you personally and it might help put things in perspective.

I find this pretty hilarious coming from you. You overreact every week towards someone who disagrees with you.

For the record, my posts during the game are emotionally fueled and I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

Instead of getting on facebook and saying sorry for the late hit on a player he takes his frustration out o n the whole fanbase. Not a good look either.

"I'm done playing for the state of the Nebraska! You want to blame me for the loss, that's fine! But I have done every thing right to prove I belong and yet you im not a husker! So you want to see what Alex Lewis is about? Then sit back and criticize because I'm going to prove to myself and my family and my family that i am better than these fair weather fans that themselve huskers! You have let loose a storm that the huskers havent seen seen since 95 and you will kiss my feet when im done with you! So screw everyone who ever doubts me. Aka the whole state of Nebraska, who said i was not nebraska worthy since my arrest!"