If we go 0-5 in October, should the A.D. and coaching staff be flushed so we can get a jump on any good coaches that become available in Nov. & Dec.?

As soon as Husker nation can actually realize that since Osborne, were on our 4th coach, and that supposed great one still hasn't walked thru the door yet. Coincedence or reality bytes and we have had a bad combo of AD's and coaching hires because no one wants the job. FIrst off, hire right AD, one who has ties to major coaches if that is on the radar. Find a guy who can sell this program back into the notion its still a top 15 program at least and find that winner.

I don't know if that is the answer since Devaney was the only coach to come here and win that wasn't a Husker to start with or from Nebraska. I think Pederson and Eichorst both were under the thought that they fire said coaches and the door would be knocked over with greatness wanting to right the ship. Guess what folks, apparently they weren't interested then, and frankly still don't seem interested at all. This is why Frost is the only real option to try. Its time to realize that the greatness is gone for now, and the fanbase and media have scared off those who don't want the pressure of winning NC's. Nebraska being in the Big 10 and having no recruiting base established yet, and quite frankly being out of place in current conference with Ohio St ramping up, Michigan who will soon be at that level, makes Nebraska not a good job right now. Its almost an unwinnable spot. Go get Frost, give him 7 years and I will bet by then the landscape will change once again, and it will benefit Nebraska. He will be the golden boy. He will prove to be a good recruiter, a good coach and best of all, a Nebraskan. I read this stuff each year about getting that next great coach, or throwing money at a current great, and have got to think that Pederson, Eichorst have tried to get that hire, why wouldn't they, and no one is interested in this position. Who in the right mind doesn't want to hire a coach and win a national title, with that coach. Who.

I agree, Fire Eichorst. He does suck. Sucks for firing a coach that won games, even though he was a buttonhole. He was a winner. That is what it is about isn't it. Winning.

• Fire 2

I don't disagree about Fitz, but it's incredible that you give him so much leeway well into his tenure, and give Riley zero time to change the culture and schemes on both sides of the ball at Nebraska before making your judgment.

Riley is older but commands the same level of respect from his coaching peers. In a year or two, Nebraska could well be in the position Northwestern is in today.

I hear you, but MR has been a Head Coach for something like 30 years and has never done anything consistently substantial at this level; whereas Fitz is clearly a young up-and-comer who has arguably already accomplished as much at 40 years old as Riley has his whole career. Riley was a bad hire...the wrong hire for here.

He won two CFL Grey Cups, the Canadian equivalent of the Superbowl.

/cue the "Canadian football isn't real football" smarmy comments.

It's real football, but it's quite a bit different from what we play in the states.

And his overall winning percentage is poor.

Their allowances for pre-snap motions are insane. I ran into Keyou Craver at the park once, we started talking about football, and he said he has never been in better shape than playing in the CFL. Hardest he ever had to work was in the CFL.

Lets not forget about the size of the field, 3 downs, etc.

There is a reason why the best in the Cfl almost never make it in the NFL.

There's always a lot of talk about 'backing up the cash truck' to big name coaches door. There are only a few coaches worth backing the cash truck up to and none of them are coming here. Saban, Meyer, etc. Even coaches on the verge of playing for a national title aren't coming here. Patterson and Briles come to mind. They can pick Texas clean of recruits but that changes if they leave the B12. They know that.

Others just want a coach with experience. My opinion has always been why would you want an experienced coach that has proven for decades that they are only experienced in not getting it done?

Sometimes you have to take a shot on someone. I know a lot of you think someone else should take a shot and then we'll hire them once proven, but at this point it's easier said than done.

In my opinion, there are only three coaches worth giving a boat load of money to, and there was and is no way they will be coming here. So, I'm hoping the staff with all their experience can adjust and figure out how to win at Nebraska in the Big Ten.

I like what I see from the offense when there is nice weather outside, but even so, the passing game isn't always going to work. When you notice your QB is struggling completing passes and his body language is "bleh", maybe you can help him out with some short passes and running the ball.

Defense should be good against the run, but they have some serious problems against the pass and they need to figure something out quickly.

I will do the only thing I can do as a fan the rest of the season: watch the games and see how they play out. Oh, and drink lots of beer.

Well, Riley was at Oregon State. He overachieved greatly there, but his momentum sputtered towards the end. Why? I don't know. Coasting, maybe, recruiting resources, possibly. Hey, Fitz would always be one of the top names on my list. Not sure he is or was looking to move, so I'm glad we got someone similar. He should get some time to put this program in a better place than how it was when he got here.

We have two very different definitions of the word "greatly.

• Fire 1

Well, Riley was at Oregon State. He overachieved greatly there, but his momentum sputtered towards the end. Why? I don't know. Coasting, maybe, recruiting resources, possibly. Hey, Fitz would always be one of the top names on my list. Not sure he is or was looking to move, so I'm glad we got someone similar. He should get some time to put this program in a better place than how it was when he got here.

Overachieving??? After 14 years at OSU he ended up being 9 wins over .500...

• Fire 1

You guys don't know what Oregon State was before he got there.

zoogs regardless. In the end OSU while he was there were not known for being a consistently good football team. A mediocre one at best who had some moments while he was there but that's all those were. Moments.

His last 2 years at OSU he was 7-6 and then he went 5-7 in his last year there. Not exactly a trend upward.

Of course we do.....it's been posted on here a brazilian times to justify Eichorst's head scratching hire.

My idea of overachieving greatly would be Gary Patterson. Take a look at TCU football history. If you dare.

• Fire 1

25 seasons' worth of Oregon State football prior to Riley, measured in Ws:

2, 2, 3, 1, 2, 2, 3, 1, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 2, 4, 4, 1, 1, 1, 4, 4, 1, 2

Bill Snyder managed to do a lot more in just a bad of a situation at Kansas St. Riley never won a conference championship, or proven to be a championship coach. Isn't that what he was brought in to do? Didn't Eichorst promise a coach that would bring a conference championship here to Nebraska? Why promise that, but bring a coach who's never done it? The one chance Riley had was in 2008 and he lost that game 65-38 to Oregon at home. What Riley did at Oregon St. is good...for Oregon St. Nebraska could have done better than him though.

• Fire 3

Of course we do.....it's been posted on here a brazilian times to justify Eichorst's head scratching hire.

My idea of overachieving greatly would be Gary Patterson. Take a look at TCU football history. If you dare.

Sweet Muhammed, you gotta let it go. Patterson. Is. Not. Gonna. Come. Here.

• Fire 1