Shawn Eichorst

ndobney

That Iowa win was nothing to celebrate. They were not a powerful team last year. In seven years, where Bo got Nebraska was an Iowa-caliber program on the decline, thanks to roster issues that were coming to the fore.

How DARE you!

When we beat an annual TOP 10 CONTENDER like IOWA, I was celebrating!

I don't know if you're new here, but Nebraska celebrates salvaging a hard fought, down to the wire win like that IOWA win. It's the close games with Minnesota that we just can't stand!

When we beat Iowa I was thanking the Lord!

giphy.gif

One more year with Bo! Thank you Jesus!

What I mean is that we don't measure ourselves by wins against Iowa -- just as we don't measure by a win over South Alabama or Wyoming. I don't, of course, mean that we should be unhappy to win a game, but thanks for the unsurprising insinuation.

The discussion was about how despite saying that, Iowa has gone on to have a better record in the next six games compared to Nebraska. All I'm saying is that changes nothing.

Anyone else find it strange he did an interview with KETV yesterday? I thought he had a "policy" about not speaking about the team during the season?

I think it's an indication he's feeling a certain degree of heat regarding Riley and the team's performance. I believe he referred to 90% of the e-mails he receives being positive. I'm not sure what his definition of positive is, but.......

• Fire 1

Anyone else find it strange he did an interview with KETV yesterday? I thought he had a "policy" about not speaking about the team during the season?

I think it's an indication he's feeling a certain degree of heat regarding Riley and the team's performance. I believe he referred to 90% of the e-mails he receives being positive. I'm not sure what his definition of positive is, but.......

Look in the mirror, it is the opposite of what you see./

Am I a fan of Riley's? At this point, I'd have to say no.

That being said, do I think Pelini should've been retained? No way.

I've always belived that in order to be elite we need to hire an elite coach/recruiter. I still believe that until we follow the Alabama/Michigan formula we'll remain irrelevant on the national scene.

Am I a fan of Riley's? At this point, I'd have to say no.

That being said, do I think Pelini should've been retained? No way.

I've always belived that in order to be elite we need to hire an elite coach/recruiter. I still believe that until we follow the Alabama/Michigan formula we'll remain irrelevant on the national scene.

Okay, the Bama/Michigan formula......so who, outside of Saban or Harbaugh or Urban would've been an acceptable choice for our new head coach?

I'm sort of tired of people using hindsight to dictate what should've could've might have been. It's stupid easy to say it should've been so and so after they have actually done something. CFB is littered with coaches who were successful one place and biffed it at another. There's so much more to it IMO.

Except that he's not even close to the worst coach in Nebraska history. Come on Radio!

13 of the worst coached games in Nebraska football history, Facts are Facts! Callahan/ Cosgrove wasn't near that bad.

As for Riley, the Illinois game would not even be a blip on the radar of worst coached games.

"Facts" without any context. Every offensive category rose significantly across the nation during Bo's tenure. In the case of the stat used specifically in that chart, the ten highest yards per play averages have occurred during the last ten years.

To truly illustrate the point of that chart one must account for offensive inflation.

Average at best offensively and sometimes terrible, very, very terrible at defense. Everybody constantly bitched about Watson and Beck. No real progress there

I don't see how this reply is relevant to the post it's replying to. He's saying to judge a defense you have to account for the fact that teams are getting more yards (on average, against all teams) than ever before. So lining up a current coach's defensive stats to someone else's from the 90s/80s/70s isn't telling the whole story.

You are right, I read it wrong. but I would say that Callahan/Cosgrove went against better offensive teams than 408. So I don't think that is relevant other than 408 couldn't stop the run and the record clearly shows that he had worse defensive teams and coach poorly thoughout his career. I stated earlier that I believe it was Carl that should get credit for the first few years of good defense, he improved players, 408 clearly did not.

Then he should get the credit for hiring a competent DC, something that our current coach with boat loads of experienced didn't do.

carl was a good DC. Train wreck off the field, allegedly. But a good DC

I always wondered how much input Carl had. Was Suh the sole reason for the good defense? What was the impact of losing Carl and Marvin? Bo's attitude may not have gotten so bad if he had won a conference championship.

His definition of positive would probably be the same as most rational people's definition. Positive comments would be those that do not align with yours or the other 10% of whiners. I understand it must not feel good to find yourself in that 10% minority but I guess that's your choice.

Yeah I'm calling BS on that statement. Who jumps up to rip off immediate emails of approval? Was his inbox "flooded", no doubt, but I'm thinking he had trouble fiquring percentages in school.

At least now he gave up his "tell". When he cranks his eyebrows way up, you know what is coming out of his mouth is such putrid BS that he's straining not to close his eyes from the burn. :rickjames