Jordan Stevenson to Play on Saturday

RADAR

These top recruits (which Stevenson was) aren't thinking 4-5 years down the road. They are thinking "Let me play 3 years, and get into the League". Smart programs are able to manage redshirting and playing true freshmen. Running backs are guys that are more typical to play early and leave early for the NFL, considering the lifespan for a RB is so short.

• Fire 2

This makes no sense to me. Burn a kid's redshirt in the 6th game to do kick returns and "maybe some running back duties"?

I agree. This is like Niles Paul, burning his redshirt halfway through the season for what, like, 2 returns?

Additionally, whether the transfer rumors are true or not, people will assume the worst due to the timing.

• Fire 1

If Stevenson is in shape, understands the offense, and is prepared to outperform what we have watched Ozigbo do then fine. I just can't fathom that being true.

Agree. If he is head and shoulders above Ozigbo, then great, play him. But I would have thought we would have heard some rumblings out of practice (like with Carlos Davis practicing with the 1s and 2s) if that was the case.

sign of desperation, in my opinion. What has changed over the last 5 weeks that now, all of the sudden, convinces the coaching staff to burn his red shirt? They are searching for lightning in a bottle.

I think the fact that Stevenson is fully healthy, in 100% condition, and knows the playbook well enough to contribute to the offense. Some freshmen are able to contribute right away, while some freshmen are pushed back a few weeks due to some factors.

sign of desperation, in my opinion. What has changed over the last 5 weeks that now, all of the sudden, convinces the coaching staff to burn his red shirt? They are searching for lightning in a bottle.

So what? He clearly needs to win before someone starts putting For Sale signs in front of the house he just moved into a week ago. He has to do whatever is necessary to win. That's what we all want.

No bitching about Lewis playing, no bitching about burning redshirts. He must win by all means necessary now, according to some.

It's an incredibly important game, which is why we've spent all week not talking about it.

So what? He clearly needs to win before someone starts putting For Sale signs in front of the house he just moved into a week ago. He has to do whatever is necessary to win. That's what we all want.

No bitching about Lewis playing, no bitching about burning redshirts. He must win by all means necessary now, according to some.

Ha! They bitch when he doesn't do everything he can to win, so he talks about utilizing players he thinks can help the team win, and they're pissed that he's burning a redshirt.

Man, it's like moron is the new plague and it's hitting Huskerboard hard.

• Fire 3

Maybe the staff views Stevenson as the future at RB and feel he's ready to start contributing, but you would think we would have heard something out of practice if he was turning heads. What is the official depth chart at RB?

#1: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#2: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#3: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#4: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Fire 1

Maybe the staff views Stevenson as the future at RB and feel he's ready to start contributing, but you would think we would have heard something out of practice if he was turning heads. What is the official depth chart at RB?

This is what was released:
34 Terrell Newby, 5-10, 200, Jr.
22 Devine Ozigbo, 5-11, 225, Fr.
32 Imani Cross, 6-1, 230, Sr.
21 Mikale Wilbon, 5-8, 190, RFr.
28 Adam Taylor, 6-2, 210, So.