Jordan Stevenson to Play on Saturday

RADAR

Love it. Sticking it to Wisconsin

I don't understand this sentiment. Stevenson wanted to go to Wisconsin and the coaches wanted him, too. He was forced to look elsewhere when the school wouldn't let him in. I doubt Jordan has any ill-feelings towards the Wisconsin football team.

As much as I agree with you, I really doubt that. Just think, WISCONSIN DENIED HIM. How would that make you feel towards them? Maybe he is uber-mature, and really just turned a cheek on the situation. I'd suggest that deep down, he is a little ticked off at the University of Wisconsin. His only chance at redemption is beating the school that turned him down in football... Take it for what it's worth.

Effort/fire has seemed to be a problem with this team at. So maybe JS can be a sparkplug.

Love it. Sticking it to Wisconsin

I don't understand this sentiment. Stevenson wanted to go to Wisconsin and the coaches wanted him, too. He was forced to look elsewhere when the school wouldn't let him in. I doubt Jordan has any ill-feelings towards the Wisconsin football team.

As much as I agree with you, I really doubt that. Just think, WISCONSIN DENIED HIM. How would that make you feel towards them? Maybe he is uber-mature, and really just turned a cheek on the situation. I'd suggest that deep down, he is a little ticked off at the University of Wisconsin. His only chance at redemption is beating the school that turned him down in football... Take it for what it's worth.

To be fair, the team didn't deny him. Admissions did. I am sure he has no animosity towards Chryst and Co.

I get that! Like I said, as much as I agree with him....I still can't say for certain that he has no angst towards the University, Wisconsin. He isn't going to go to Quiz bowl against Wisconsin students, he is however going to get a chance to compete against Wisconsin(the university that turned him down) in Football.

People aren't mad Riley is trying to utilize a player to win games.

People are baffled it's a running back considering we are so thick at the position.

I don't see how we are so thick at the position. First of all, not having a clear starter is a huge problem.

Cross seems to have had his chance. Taylor, Wilbon, Nabity, Nelson ... if these guys are showing something, then give them a chance, but it's not clear that any of them are. They're just names, not an indication of how great the RB depth is.

Wilbon hasn't "shown" anything more than Brion Carnes or Curenski Gilleylen or countless other heralded players who probably were pretty talented, but never quite put it all together in the end for whatever reasons. If Stevenson is first in line for this opportunity (to find a spark alongside Ozigbo), then he needs to see the field. And if not, then give it to somebody else.

• Fire 3

If a guy wants to play and can help the team, then play him.

Dennard "wasted" his freshman year largely being the #2 option on kick returns.

We need something more out of this position group. If the guy isn't Wilbon or Taylor, then don't give the next chance to them out of seniority.

Bingo.

There's no reason to save a redshirted player if he can come in right now, make an impact and help the team win. Clearly, the coaches believe he could do that or else they wouldn't be wasting their time. The Special Teams stats about kick returns someone mentioned earlier is pretty telling in and of itself. It'd be better if DPE was 100%, but, we've been woeful in this regard all season.

In terms of the RB position, we began the season riding two guys we thought would do the job - Newby, in particular, and Cross. Cross has become nonexistent and Newby hasn't gotten the job done consistently. Wilbon is apparently not ready and neither is Taylor. So, what do the coaches do? They turned to Jano and then Ozigbo to provide that spark and we got it. Now, they want to add Stevenson into the mix? I don't care if he's getting 5 touches a game and that's it. If those five touches can help the team more than giving those to someone like Newby or Cross then do it.

The 'building for the future' mentality can sometimes backfire. How many teams do see each year that are 'building for the future' and when the future comes they still aren't ready. Sometimes, you have to do what you can to win and win now.

• Fire 2

If there were questions as to whether this was actually going to happen, it sure looks to me like Stevenson thinks he'll play:

https://twitter.com/Jordanstevie2/status/652147938110509056

https://twitter.com/Jordanstevie2/status/652148819178602496

Good for him. I hope it's a successful move.

BTW-I don't know if anyone else is seeing the same thing as me but none of your Twitter posts are showing up. They just look like links.

If there were questions as to whether this was actually going to happen, it sure looks to me like Stevenson thinks he'll play:

BTW-I don't know if anyone else is seeing the same thing as me but none of your Twitter posts are showing up. They just look like links.

Yeah, he deleted them already, for whatever reason. I edited the above post.

People aren't mad Riley is trying to utilize a player to win games.People are baffled it's a running back considering we are so thick at the position.

I don't see how we are so thick at the position. First of all, not having a clear starter is a huge problem.Cross seems to have had his chance. Taylor, Wilbon, Nabity, Nelson ... if these guys are showing something, then give them a chance, but it's not clear that any of them are. They're just names, not an indication of how great the RB depth is.Wilbon hasn't "shown" anything more than Brion Carnes or Curenski Gilleylen or countless other heralded players who probably were pretty talented, but never quite put it all together in the end for whatever reasons. If Stevenson is first in line for this opportunity (to find a spark alongside Ozigbo), then he needs to see the field. And if not, then give it to somebody else.

Just because we don't have a clear starter doesn't mean we aren't thick.

We can rule Taylor and Cross out, probably Wilbon too. So realistically it is between Newby and Ozigbo. Now we are going to throw a guy in who has yet to run a play in a Husker jersey.

Like I said, if he is the best option and will win us game, I'm all for it.

The point is, none of us have a damned clue what to expect week to week from the RB position. That makes a majority of Husker fans uneasy. Evennif we aren't going to feature the run game heavily, it's nice to know that option is settled. Heading into game 6 it couldn't be any less settled.

Yeah, he deleted them already, for whatever reason. I edited the above post.

Was his twitter always private/protected? Or did he just make his account like that today? I swear I checked it out earlier in the year and it wasn't protected...

I'm all for playing him. If he can make a difference in the kick return game then let him loose, Nelson and Newby look slow returning kicks back there. Plus as much as I love Janovich, he shouldn't be playing the running back position as much as he was last week. Keep Jano at full back and Stevenson/Ozigbo at running back....this might just work