Jordan Stevenson to Play on Saturday

RADAR

Just because we don't have a clear starter doesn't mean we aren't thick.

There is a saying that gets used during "quarterback controversies" that if you have 2 starters, you don't have one. Maybe the same goes for 6 running backs. Just a thought.

Is the same true for 8 Running Backs?

I just find it odd is all. We have heard nothing about him in practice, now he might be playing?

There is a saying that gets used during "quarterback controversies" that if you have 2 starters, you don't have one. Maybe the same goes for 6 running backs. Just a thought.

I just find it odd is all. We have heard nothing about him in practice, now he might be playing?

What are we supposed to hear about practice? The coaches closed the practice to the media once the games started. Yes, there might be guys who can watch practice who aren't involved with the program, but then those would be just internet rumors and people would want to see a link to the source.

What are we supposed to hear about practice? The coaches closed the practice to the media once the games started. Yes, there might be guys who can watch practice who aren't involved with the program, but then those would be just internet rumors and people would want to see a link to the source.

Well, so far the only thing we have to accompany the idea of him playing Saturday is an internet rumor he threatened to transfer. So...

If a guy wants to play and can help the team, then play him.

Dennard "wasted" his freshman year largely being the #2 option on kick returns.

We need something more out of this position group. If the guy isn't Wilbon or Taylor, then don't give the next chance to them out of seniority.

I like that Riley is looking for options at RB. If Stevenson can make an impact, then great, put him on the field and USE him.

You guys hit the two key points in my opinion.

If he "wants" to play, and you can use him, then you play him. BUT please for the love of all that is holy, you'd better USE him then. Don't waste a season of this guy's career.

Like Saunders said, if he comes in to return kicks, then what's the harm in giving him a few carries in the backfield? Maybe Ozigbo and Stevenson carry this run game to new levels. That'd be freaking fun to watch in my opinion.

• Fire 1

We heard about Carlos Davis practicing with the 1s.

We need something more out of this position group. If the guy isn't Wilbon or Taylor, then don't give the next chance to them out of seniority.

I like that Riley is looking for options at RB. If Stevenson can make an impact, then great, put him on the field and USE him.

If he "wants" to play, and you can use him, then you play him. BUT please for the love of all that is holy, you'd better USE him then. Don't waste a season of this guy's career.

Like Saunders said, if he comes in to return kicks, then what's the harm in giving him a few carries in the backfield? Maybe Ozigbo and Stevenson carry this run game to new levels. That'd be freaking fun to watch in my opinion.

If that happens, then I will be giving Riley some high-praises.

The coaches have said over and over that they would not pull a redshirt unless a guy could help and play a lot. If they did not believe in that, Carlos Davis would have had his shirt pulled 2 weeks ago.

^ Every player is different, too. Some want to play a lot more than others. This is how guys like Niles Paul, Marlon Lucky, Prince Amukamara, and other players who turned out decent had largely minimal true freshman years. In a lot of cases it isn't on the coaches, it's a player who really wanted the chance to prove himself and then it turned out he wasn't ready that year. Other players are more accepting of a redshirt year, perhaps wisely.

Is that the case with Stevenson? You never know.

It seems strange to me. If he is good enough, then pull the redshirt in Game 1.

One of the reasons they redshirted him is because he wasn't well conditioned enough after arriving late. They may also have anticipated far less struggle from the other group of RBs. They like Newby and have really tried to make him a feature back.

It seems strange to me. If he is good enough, then pull the redshirt in Game 1. We already have 3 losses, why waste a redshirt for half a season, especially if he only gets 10 plays per game. At the same time, get the athletes on the field. We have too many RBs. Lets have some position changes,

I don't think JS was "ready" game 1, as he was working through some injury issues and getting in better shape. However, just because a guy doesn't contribute until game 6 of the season, doesn't mean it's wasted season.

If that happens, then I will be giving Riley some high-praises.

If you want to be the kind of guy that looks for some positives, I've got another good one for ya.

A few weekends ago when Janovich had his break out game, I said here on Huskerboard that I hoped the staff saw that and would use Janovich in the offense a lot more, both running and catching. To me, that was worthy of praise for this staff to see Janovich busting his tail and having success, and reward the guy with more opportunities.

Low and behold, Janovich is out there playing RB even more and even caught a pass or two?

Got to give credit when it is due. I credit this staff for recognizing that and I hope they keep on finding ways to utilize the guys they've got the further along we get in the season.

We have to remember as fans, these coaches are still evaluating their own roster and learning what each guy can and can't do. I know people don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

• Fire 2