Sunshine Kool-Aid Drinkers, Thanks for Helping Kill This Program

To assume anyone is content with 2-4 is absurd. However, if you cann another coach right now, your not replacing him with anything thats going to be better. Mack Brown, has been likes would be the the only types that would entertain the thought.

Scott Frost might come in, but now that Oregon can't win, thats even looking dismal. Everyone throws out names that have been there for years, but they haven't showed up here. You think that Patterson would TCU for this? TCU might play for NC this year, and maybe should have last year. Leave that for Nebraska? He is Solich. HE is BO. For years TCU won 9 games a year and on occasion won a meaningful bowl game, but he also had some seasons where they went 7-5. 5-7.

Gruden, here, come on guys, this guy has been there on the docket, and isn't interested in this gig. Do you really realize that if a coach wants a job, their Agent will contact school for an interview. No one is knocking on the door. No one will knock the door until big money boosters put away there checkbooks instead of throwing them on the table every time this program is not winning. The only school in the country that in a 12 year span that has fired two coaches with really good records. Solich and Bo won over 70% of there games. Now new coach, new style and this isn't good enough. Doesn't matter who is coordinating, Watson, Beck or present staff, they have never been good enough. Think about that. No matter who is coaching D or O, the cooordinators suck. OFfense sucks because we don't run like we did 30 years ago, Defense sucks because our secondary can't cover due to lack of coaching. Talent level isnt even close to what elite programs have. We might be comparable to Big 10 West, but that still remains one of the least talented divs in college football.

Wake up, support this regime for another 2 years after this season. There is no savior out there. No one will come here that has a reputation of winning and being a great coach. For the sake of losing a couple of games and being message board firing material after 6 games. Its to bad that Bo wasn't here this season, because I don't think he would fair any better.

Grow up. Big 10 football conference has ruined Nebraska. Don't ever forget that the only reason the Big 10 courted us for there conference was because we weren't a threat t screw there power teams anymore. Blame the school, blame Osborne for installing Solich when Nebraska could have had an elite coach, but I don't even think then it would have happened Who would have wanted to follow Osborne, the ones who have sure haven't faired well regardless who they are!

Truer words have never been said on here.

Not if the fans stop showing up and it becomes blatantly obvious the AD is having to fudge the sellout streak.

Not if the fans start lambasting Eichorst, et al, publicly in the media.

Not if the fans stop buying merchandise and vote with their wallets.

Not if the fans stop buying tickets to the games and don't attend.

Vote with your feet and wallets. Make it a point to lambaste the coaching staff and the AD for employing them when it's painfully obvious they're not able to do the job they were hired for.

There is no excuse for dropping the BYU, Wisky, or Illinois games. None. And anyone pumping sunshine and saying the staff needs time makes it THAT much harder for DoNU to come back and recover after folks finally wise up and jettison Riley and his staff. Hires like Harbaugh make it painfully obvious that quality coaching *DOES* matter, and it is available. We just need competent leadership to go out and get it. ye

yes, fire a coach less than a year after firing a 9 win coach. naia division 2 position coaches will be beating down the door for a paycheck. because no one would come near nebraska if that happened.

Then you haven't been paying attention to college football for the past 30 years if you think this way. :-|

We can get a quality coach at DoNU at the end of the season if we open the wallet. Riley was a dime-store hire, and we're getting dime-store results. And opening the wallet doesn't mean throwing 10m a year at a coach (like Texass wants to do with Saban), but it does mean we may have to pay a quality coach $4-5m a year.

And considering that Nebraska's mediocrity will have a significantly negative impact on merchandise sales and brand value, it's honestly shocking that our leadership didn't make a quality hire last time around.

-----

And folks need to start lighting Eichorst's office up. We may need to use Miami-level theatrics to get our point across...hire a plane and banner to fire Riley, get national media attention. But something needs to be done, and the fans need to start speaking up and not accepting this s***show.

I said we should use the plane and people bitched.

That's the beauty doesn't have to be a sabanor harbaugh but somebody who's had more success than a Mike Riley with a 500 winning average I think that's what people are asking that I think that's why they're so impatient did you take a gamble on essentially a nobody and it doesn't work out and you're being made to look like a fool out on the football field not being able to put out for quarters of football bad clock management losing to teams like Illinois letting your pre conference teams play it to the wire it's ridiculous how could you even defend that

The program is dead! We will never come back and it comes down to poor administration. The sellout streak will end this year and if it doesn't, thank Pepsi. Once this happens you can say goodbye to the volleyball team. All other teams will play in great facilities, but will have no money to support them. Bob Devany isn't turning over in his grave, he is laying on his stomach in his casket without air.

Scream for better coaching hires all you want, but they aren' coming. Like I said, when coaches are interested in a school, their agents will contact them. If your a top notch job, coaching searches are short. Coaches with value will seek the school out!

Don't see that happening right now or in the future until things change everywhere.

Here is a name that no one will except, but track record alone would suggest he would think about it. Bobby Petrino.

He has enough baggage, and an ego. He can recruit, he can coach. He can recruit!

At this point, there's no justification for this staff any longer. There's no argument that can be made when we just experience incompetence on both sides of the ball in our sixth game into the season. People should be storming Eichorst's office with torches and pitchforks and demanding changes from this staff, immediately.

Langsdorf has proven himself inept at playcalling for the second game in a row, as well as managing our RB stable.

Banker's defense has only looked merely competent the past two games because of who we played and/or weather elements, and not because of any real improvement by the kids or the staff. Our DBs can't find the ball and have regressed from last year. The only thing that improved was last minute clock management, which really wasn't a win considering our offense couldn't make a first down to save themselves when it really mattered.

And before some idiot trots out the 'bad luck/last second' scenario, I've stated elsewhere that this sentiment is should be b******t for anyone that followed the team during the Dr. Tom era, as he himself said that the team needs to play well enough to where a single play, officiating call, or event can take the game out of your hands. Our teams have had four last minute losses, but they were ALL because of the ineptitude on the part of the coaching staff during the 59:00 preceding.

There is NO improvement from game to game from this staff, which completely undermines any argument that suggests this staff needs time. If anything, the more time this staff has, it's only going to turn into more opportunities to piss away games that they should have handily won.

So sunshine pumpers, kool-aid drinkers, you can keep saying Riley needs multiple years, but understand all you're doing is setting the program back with that line of thought, when this kind of ineptitude demands immediate and decisive action on the part of the University leadership. There's little to build on, little redeeming with this team and program that warrants a second year, let alone the full tenure of Riley's contract.

I'll always be a fan of DoNU, but I can't stand by when there are people willing to accept incompetence and ineptitude and gobble up the PR coming out of Eichorst's office at face value.

Bottom line: These kids playing for DoNU deserve better than Riley, and they deserve better from the fans than acceptance of the current s***show that is currently in charge of the program.

Stupidity is defined as doing the same exact thing and expecting different results. If you open the new dictionary, you will see a picture of our coaching staff next to the word "Stupidity". That sums up our staff. No amount of time can make these coaches better. They have a losing culture since they were in Oregon State and they simply brought that losing culture with them. The arrogance of Eichorst to assume that this coaching staff can come here and win immediately should be enough reason to get him and the inept President fired.

Scream for better coaching hires all you want, but they aren' coming. Like I said, when coaches are interested in a school, their agents will contact them. If your a top notch job, coaching searches are short. Coaches with value will seek the school out!

Don't see that happening right now or in the future until things change everywhere.

Here is a name that no one will except, but track record alone would suggest he would think about it. Bobby Petrino.

He has enough baggage, and an ego. He can recruit, he can coach. He can recruit!

hmmm that does make some sense. Good idea

Ah yes, Bobby "I don't care about the defense, who needs a run game, leaves a team in the middle of the season, most embarrassing picture to pop up when you google his name" Petrino. What could possibly go wrong?

The program is dead! We will never come back and it comes down to poor administration. The sellout streak will end this year and if it doesn't, thank Pepsi. Once this happens you can say goodbye to the volleyball team. All other teams will play in great facilities, but will have no money to support them. Bob Devany isn't turning over in his grave, he is laying on his stomach in his casket without air.

God I hope this was :sarcasm if not :facepalm:

As a sunshine pumper myself I disagree with the op on my killing the program. I will never stop having total belief that we can win each and every game. I will support the players. However, don't confuse that with not holding people accountable. That includes the administration the coaches the players AND THE FANS.

I don't agree with some of the play calling. But if you are going to bitch about some plays then don't discount others. The Jan play call was fantastic. Not just because it worked but because it caught them off guard.

My main complaint is about the lack of rotating, especially along the line. Our O-line was exhausted in the 4th, right when we should have been shoving wisky down the field. I get the lack of help on the O-line due to injury but where the underclassmen? Are they really that bad that they could not spell for a play or 2 each series?

If the trollers (if you can call me a pumper then turn about is fair play) I sit on a sacrifice then I vote Banker. His defense obviously doesn't work. It didn't work at OSU and it isn't working g here. We have just traded a porous d - line for a porous d - backfield. Eichorst needs to force MR to get rid of his friend.

• Fire 2

As a sunshine pumper myself I disagree with the op on my killing the program. I will never stop having total belief that we can win each and every game. I will support the players. However, don't confuse that with not holding people accountable. That includes the administration the coaches the players AND THE FANS.

I don't agree with some of the play calling. But if you are going to bitch about some plays then don't discount others. The Jan play call was fantastic. Not just because it worked but because it caught them off guard.

My main complaint is about the lack of rotating, especially along the line. Our O-line was exhausted in the 4th, right when we should have been shoving wisky down the field. I get the lack of help on the O-line due to injury but where the underclassmen? Are they really that bad that they could not spell for a play or 2 each series?

If the trollers (if you can call me a pumper then turn about is fair play) I sit on a sacrifice then I vote Banker. His defense obviously doesn't work. It didn't work at OSU and it isn't working g here. We have just traded a porous d - line for a porous d - backfield. Eichorst needs to force MR to get rid of his friend.

anyone think this would be a 2-4 team under Harbaugh?............i seriously doubt it......we got a .500 coach working his last 4 years before retirement, that's all we got....he won't build anything before he leaves.

• Fire 1

I am still glad Bo is gone, he was an immature little child and a bad head coach, I for one will not miss those embarrassing blowout losses in nationally televised games. No one should be satisfied with 9 wins, no championships and tantrum fits on the sidelines.

Storming Eichorst's office won't change anything, he is the one that got us into this mess by making the wrong hire. He is the one that needs to be fired, Riley and co. can follow him out the door.

But who do we hire next as AD? Will that person follow the same plan Eichorst had in bringing a pro style coach to Nebraska? We've tried it twice now, time to abandon that change.

anyone think this would be a 2-4 team under Harbaugh?............i seriously doubt it......we got a .500 coach working his last 4 years before retirement, that's all we got....he won't build anything before he leaves.

Apparently Nebraska and Michigan are at the same place talent wise. If Harbaugh were here, we may be in the fortunate circumstances of not falling on the 1.5% side of the win/loss probability.

• Fire 1