T.O./9-game streak

GOAT

It is possible, but these questions have no definitive answer. Blaming the younger generation from saying the game has changed and pinning it on them is foolish. Plenty of colleagues my age (who remember most of his career) have similar views (as of which you blame the younger generation.) I think he would do well, and probably keep the tradition. He'd also be a very old coach, and may have difficulty recruiting without the right staff under him. As a legendary coach, I do think he'd be able to draw in energetic, young, good recruiting coaches and teach them his philosophy. If he was still coaching, Frost would be on our staff.

I can't think of one season from 97' to 15' where there hasn't been nine wins built into the schedule. Again, Bo managed to do it and he isn't near the coach TO was. Football is better than the ol' Big 8. However, we also play more games. What season since 97' scares people into believing TO wouldn't have managed to win nine games?

I can't think of one season from 97' to 15' where there hasn't been nine wins built into the schedule. Again, Bo managed to do it and he isn't near the coach TO was. Football is better than the ol' Big 8. However, we also play more games. What season since 97' scares people into believing TO wouldn't have managed to win nine games?

It could have been a close call around 07-09 when OU, OSU, Baylor, Missouri, Texas, aTM, and Tech were all at, or close to the top of their game. If we didn't adjust to the rise of the spread offense, it could have been a rough year or so in there.

Seems like the majority of the bashing comes from the younger generation who like to remind everyone how the game has changed since TO's tenure and how the triple-option no longer is effective.

Your posts really do seem like you're a troll account. And your signature image takes the cake.

But tell us, what is your subjective cutoff point for "younger generation," age-wise?

There is absolutely no indication that TO would have sustained nothing but 9+ wins between 1997 and 2015. Joe Paterno was thought of as another legendary coach while at PSU and later in his years he went through some years that, quite frankly, the fans of PSU really thought it was time for a change......but......you can't just fire just about the only coach PSU has ever had.

In 1986, PSU had won two NCs in 5 years. They were riding high. Two years later they won 5 games and didn't make it to a bowl. Late in his career, he went through a 5 season period where he had losing records in 4 of this years.

Bobby Bowden was another legendary coach. Once he got FSU rolling in the mid 80s, they went on a spurt of 14 years where they never won fewer than 10 games. They won 12 out of 14 conference championships and two NCs.

Late in his career the program fell off from what it once was. He had losing seasons and ultimately was asked to retire against his wishes. I believe he was 80 years old when he was finally asked to retire. TO is 78 now.

Sorry, I love TO as much as any Husker fan. But, sometimes coaches stay too long. Sure, TO could have stayed longer than he did. However, at some point, it would have been time for him to retire and move on with life.

• Fire 2