RUN THE BALL!!!

Mavric

One thing to pay extra attention to here though is Tommy. This offense needs him to perform like he did today to be truly successful. Anytime your passing game is working less than 40 percent of the time you're going to struggle.

I thought they also called a well-designed run game today, though. Misdirection, fake sweeps, fullback carries... Keeps the defense on it's toes.

• Fire 3

One thing to pay extra attention to here though is Tommy. This offense needs him to perform like he did today to be truly successful. Anytime your passing game is working less than 40 percent of the time you're going to struggle.

I thought they also called a well-designed run game today, though. Misdirection, fake sweeps, fullback carries... Keeps the defense on it's toes.

^^^ This.

I'd go further and say that they really have to work to get the run game going. Sprinkling the QB counter, all the jet motion, etc. Simply choosing to line it up and run - at least today - didn't seem to work great. It's deservedly still a part of the offense, but not the major part of it.

Similarly, on a day where Tommy goes 18/26 and averages 10 yards per attempt, I still would not conclude that we need to be passing more because of that.

This is the offense. The different components -- run, pass -- all work in sync to produce a result. Passes are in there to set up runs, vice versa, and so on. We run a lot of screens to the sideline so that Jano can get a quick hitter up the middle. We'll give the WR a sweep a few times to try to spring Newby on a run like that 70-yarder he had on other occasions.

This seems to be a "come together" offense, not a smashmouth/impose your will offense. And that seems to properly reflect what they are really good at and what they aren't.

• Fire 3

Don't just run the ball....run it right. And let Tommy run. And let the receivers run.....get the ball to Pierson-El, Moore, Morgan, and Westy in the open field where they can run. And put the fullback in with the halfback once in a while and let him lead block.

This offense is actually what we expected. In the event we have to play in a blizzacane, let's have a plan that doesn't require 30 yard passes 80% of the time.

When you're 13 points ahead with 6 minutes left in the 4th qtr and everyone is holding their breath, maybe you need an offense that can consistently put up points and use clock.

• Fire 3