How do other teams view Nebraska?

I can tell you that a lot of Iowa fans still look at Nebraska (yes even this year with all that has happened in the closing seconds of games) and see a team that can find a way to pull out the most ridiculous wins if given even the slightest seam to do so. In the past several years there have been a couple of games per season that most people would have left you for dead and yet your team found a way (Ohio State your first year, Iowa last year). Even this year you could argue that you were dead in the water against Miami and yet you found a way to come back and put the game into OT. The breaks haven't gone your way at the very end of games this year but until the clock hits 0 and the scoreboard says you lost, the game isn't over and you keep fighting. Maybe the bad breaks this year are an indication of where this new staff is leading you with regards to the mental toughness but I really don't think that is the case.

It seems like it's a big deal to beat Nebraska, whether Nebraska is 10-2 or 2-10. Is that an accurate perception?

That would be an accurate perception yes. You have 4 of the best all time programs in the Big 10 and all have proven an ability to win games even when you think they are out of it. Go into the 4th quarter within 14 points against any of those teams and there will be a sense of unease. It is just what your history earns you.

I can tell you that a lot of Iowa fans still look at Nebraska (yes even this year with all that has happened in the closing seconds of games) and see a team that can find a way to pull out the most ridiculous wins if given even the slightest seam to do so. In the past several years there have been a couple of games per season that most people would have left you for dead and yet your team found a way (Ohio State your first year, Iowa last year). Even this year you could argue that you were dead in the water against Miami and yet you found a way to come back and put the game into OT. The breaks haven't gone your way at the very end of games this year but until the clock hits 0 and the scoreboard says you lost, the game isn't over and you keep fighting. Maybe the bad breaks this year are an indication of where this new staff is leading you with regards to the mental toughness but I really don't think that is the case.

It seems like it's a big deal to beat Nebraska, whether Nebraska is 10-2 or 2-10. Is that an accurate perception?

That would be an accurate perception yes. You have 4 of the best all time programs in the Big 10 and all have proven an ability to win games even when you think they are out of it. Go into the 4th quarter within 14 points against any of those teams and there will be a sense of unease. It is just what your history earns you.

This can't be because history means nothing! amiright?

Listen to some of the great fans we got on this board. We suck, our coaches suck and are old. Our players our media, our food, our weather, our uniforms, our admin, our seats, our stadium, they all suck!

This can't be because history means nothing! amiright?

Listen to some of the great fans we got on this board. We suck, our coaches suck and are old. Our players our media, our food, our weather, our uniforms, our admin, our seats, our stadium, they all suck!

I am staying out of that part of the conversation - that is between all of you (hell I stay out of that kind of conversation on the Iowa boards as well). I will stick to giving my opinion on the question of what other teams and their fan bases perception of Nebraska football currently is! :)

I have a few friends that coach 4A and 5A HS FB out here. None of them are Husker fans BUT they all say if NU has interest in one of their kids, they tell the kids to give DoNU a serious look regardless of any other offers... I cannot imagine ISU having that kind of pull even in iowa.

We are struggling a little as a team but the program is not in bad shape, imo...

The thing with changing conferences is that the schools in the B1G haven't known us as a contender. I don't think they care much for what we did 20 years ago. If we want to be feared, we have to win now. Michigan State wasn't feared ten years ago, neither was Wisconsin. Both are very much in it year after year now.