LB David Reese [Florida - Signed LOI]

Mavric

His parents are smart people and are driving this. Texas has the #1 undergrad accounting program in the nation. Academics are driving this. Plus they really like coach Strong and who he is as a person/black father figure influence for their son while he is away from home.

Ok....I have three CPAs in my family, with one being my wife, all from different schools.

Accounting is one of those programs that once they reach a certain level of instruction, there is not going to be a huge difference.

I would love to know what criteria they used for claiming that.

Now, if you would have said "management", or "law".....etc. I'd buy the idea that one is so much better.

That's a wrong assumption, unless you want to be a clerk or work for government all your life. If you want more, where you go to school makes a difference.

His parents are smart people and are driving this. Texas has the #1 undergrad accounting program in the nation. Academics are driving this. Plus they really like coach Strong and who he is as a person/black father figure influence for their son while he is away from home.

Ok....I have three CPAs in my family, with one being my wife, all from different schools.

Accounting is one of those programs that once they reach a certain level of instruction, there is not going to be a huge difference.

Now, if you would have said "management", or "law".....etc. I'd buy the idea that one is so much better.

That's a wrong assumption, unless you want to be a clerk or work for government all your life. If you want more, where you go to school makes a difference.

What????

Brother....university of Nebraska....CPA.....position at one of the big firms out of school worked his way up through auditing till he moved to a large local firm and was almost partner till he quit and started his own business going very well.

Brother in law....CPA...masters in tax accounting from CSU.....started in tax accounting then was pretty high up in internal auditing of an international company. Now he is CFO of a pretty large manufacturing company.

Wife.....CPA.....from UNK...started in tax accounting but worked up quickly to assistant controller then CFO of large home builder in Des Moines. Now CFO of one of the largest construction companies in Nebraska.

FAR from just clerk or government jobs.

Love all the experts in other peoples majors. Doesn't matter where you go....as long as you are applied and are able to do the work...you can grow to any job.

In psychology it's kind of yes and no. Your core classes are going to be similar. An intro will be an intro, research methods and stats are going to be the same. Once you get into the top level classes the specialty of the university comes out a little more and will impact the choices you make later in life. It really matters in grad school. So for getting a solid foundation, yes. I do get what people are saying though.

What????

Brother....university of Nebraska....CPA.....position at one of the big firms out of school worked his way up through auditing till he moved to a large local firm and was almost partner till he quit and started his own business going very well.

Brother in law....CPA...masters in tax accounting from CSU.....started in tax accounting then was pretty high up in internal auditing of an international company. Now he is CFO of a pretty large manufacturing company.

Wife.....CPA.....from UNK...started in tax accounting but worked up quickly to assistant controller then CFO of large home builder in Des Moines. Now CFO of one of the largest construction companies in Nebraska.

You just said to any school as an accountant and succeed. There is much more to it, but I am not going to argue with you on a football forum.

What????

You just said to any school as an accountant and succeed. There is much more to it, but I am not going to argue with you on a football forum.

No I didn't.

I said, " once you get to a certain level of instruction"