LB David Reese [Florida - Signed LOI]

Mavric

What are chances we are going to 3-4. Im starting to think its more and more likely. Bit easier finding good LBs than good Dlinemen. Would make sense with our location and recruiting obstacles.

Very unlikely. You have to have less dline for a 34 front but they have to be studs. Need a great 2 gap nose and 2 5 techs that are hybrid dt/de types. Those guys are harder to find than your typical base 43 front guys. Also don't think banker has ever been a 34 guy.

What are chances we are going to 3-4. Im starting to think its more and more likely. Bit easier finding good LBs than good Dlinemen. Would make sense with our location and recruiting obstacles.

I've had this same thought for awhile. Just a few random quotes and the sheer numbers that we seem to be after on the line and LB make me think it could be the vision - Banker may have a desire to try something new, however wasn't happening in year one with our LB depth...Also the extra LB would help the secondary.

Valentine would be a great nose. Collins could play a large defensive tackle. Freedom may be a little undersized though. I do think a 3-4 is possible

Maybe. Greg McMullen would be a better 34 end than 43. Don't see vv playing a whole game at nose. Also we don't have any hybrid DE/OLB types that could play either and make your defense veratile. Could switch but I don't see it happening. I think we are making a grab on LBS right now to prepare the position for testing future. Not to switch defenses.

• Fire 1