Tommy Armstrong quote....

klb835

Google who won the national championship two years after you were born.

Now, without looking, name two players from that team.

Didn't even have to Google it. Scott Frost and Dan Alexander.

I was born in '95. :D

No picking at you, but you chose Dan Alexander and not Ahman Green?

My Uncles constantly refer me to go watch the video of Dan Alexander pulling away from that CU corner (2001?). I know that wasn't his big year by any means, but for some reason that's always stuck with me. And he was on the team, so it counts.

If Bo woulda taught these current players more about the past this wouldnt be an issue.

It's not a Bo issue. Also, our current coach didn't even realize that red pants are the traditional road pants for NU. Shouldn't the head coach know that "history"?

i blame the white pants on Bo too. They started using them again at Fresno. LAST season. Havent seen the red ones since. Damn him.

All to hell.

Red pants at Iowa in his last game :ph34r:

I like the white one's at the moment :ph34r:

But that could change :ph34r:

Google who won the national championship two years after you were born.

Now, without looking, name two players from that team.

Didn't even have to Google it. Scott Frost and Dan Alexander.

I was born in '95. :D

No picking at you, but you chose Dan Alexander and not Ahman Green?

My Uncles constantly refer me to go watch the video of Dan Alexander pulling away from that CU corner (2001?). I know that wasn't his big year by any means, but for some reason that's always stuck with me. And he was on the team, so it counts.
Alexander pulled away from the CU corner in 1999. I was there.

Alexander barely even played for the 1997 team. The IB's were Green with Buckhalter backing him up after Evans was injured and missed the entire season.

Think the quote is completely taken out of context here...He said he was 2 and not familiar with them? Ok...No one at that age would be familiar with them.

I am sure he knows something about them, a quick google search and you can know the history of any team in CFB.

But in actuality, yes, there is no way he could be familiar with them.

Pitt and Tony Dorsett (and i only know that because it was listed with the pre-season #1 Nebraska and the MNC)

i also could not tell you a single player from 76 Nebraska. I guess i dont have the desire or motivation to be a championship fan.

IM Hipp Ric Berns Randy Garcia Tom Sorley Clete Pillen

76 was the first year i really started following the huskers

95 huskers will be honored on Saturday. Tommy was asked about it and he said he was 2 years old and he's not familiar with them. Does anyone have a problem with this? Kind of goes with Jason Peters theory of players not really respecting the banners. I would think when choosing a school one would know the history of where they are going?

Question for you: Do you want him getting himself prepared for the upcoming opponents and making improvements on his game, or do you want him watching '95 highlights all day long?

If you have a problem with this, it's on Bo for not teaching his players about the legacy that is Nebraska. Honestly, I'd be worried if he had a real thorough answer about the 95' team. Worry about NW.