***Northwestern Game Thread***

Branno

Coaching not good. Players not making plays when they had the chance. If they make the plays it's a Minnesota score. Lost it with play calling AND execution.

We are Minnesota, Northwestern, Iowa. We have been for 3 years. This was our down year, like they rotate through. One play here, one good pass, run, tackle.

That's normally the difference in wins and losses for marginal teams. The only difference between this year and last is we don't play in a bowl above our record die to our fans traveling well.

We still won't compete in the west. Still won't play for championships, etc. The wins over easier mon confetence and BIG bottom teams in the past made us feel better for being a low end unranked team at the end of the year.

This year it came earlier.

I think I would have rather lost these 5 games by a combined 80 points instead of where we are sitting right now. It's like they are pretending to give us hope and then at all last second they give us a big ole NOPE and then decide to stop playing/coaching at the worst possible time

A team captain cost the offense a chance to get the ball back and we had a poor 4th quarter effort once again.

That is lack of depth, kids get tired. But the problem lately has been more offensive than defensive. Look at the number of plays and we should have killed NW on the scoreboard, but dropped passes, RB's who can't break a tackle or find a hole to save their life, and a QB who has no football intelligence wears the defense out in the 4th are killing this team.

• Fire 1

How anyone wants to give these guys time...I'll never understand

Each one of these five losses were winnable games.

And look what Michigan and Iowa did to NW in the previous two weeks. We are light years behind Iowa...............Iowa.

I almost took you seriously. The fact that all five losses were winnable should tell us everything we need to know.

They were winnable with any other coaching staff. But with Riley? A winnable game is going to be a loss 60% of the time.

Make that 100% of the time

I feel like I owe Bill Callahan an apology. Riley and this staff might be worse.

Cosgrove was worse than Banker, but not by much.

I think you're right, Hunter, but Banker is going to give him a run for it.

At least we played 10 bowl teams in 2007, this schedule is soft as toilet paper and we won't get to a bowl.