***Northwestern Game Thread***

Branno

A team captain cost the offense a chance to get the ball back and we had a poor 4th quarter effort once again.

That is lack of depth, kids get tired. But the problem lately has been more offensive than defensive. Look at the number of plays and we should have killed NW on the scoreboard, but dropped passes, RB's who can't break a tackle or find a hole to save their life, and a QB who has no football intelligence wears the defense out in the 4th are killing this team.

I agree. Also, the kids are being put into situations to win, but they're not making the plays. That's not on the coaches. A coaches job is to put people into a position to make plays. The kids just aren't.

This x10000!!! Thank you! I agree that not every play call was a good one. But, I can think of several plays that were just left out there due to drops, etc. The main difference from last week to this week- players making plays.

What I don't get is a coaching staff that comes in and doesn't leave the existing offense and defense alone. The staff should be experienced enough to be able to run other peoples stuff and work their stuff in slowly and change it over the next couple of years.

We'd still be a marginal unranked team, but probably bowl eligible.

We're so stuck on history. But since joining the BIG we are 2-2 against NW. Splitting with Iowa, Minnesota is a struggle. We can't consistently win in the west.

Our record has shielded our poor play until now. Almost winning a meaningless bowl game against USC is our hope. Now we're left hoping for that meaningless bowl. Not much of a dropout really.

I'm pretty sure we're 3-2 against NW.... We lost a close one in 2011, won a close one in 2012, won on the Hail Mary 2013, destroyed them last year, and got embarrassed this year.

Like I said. We're Northwestern quality. 3-2 and using Hail Mary's to get there.

Why would that record against them indicate we're significantly better?

Because we beat good teams in 1995?

Riley has do to make some staff changes at the end of this season immediately or he needs fired.

Riley is too nice to ditch his old buddies and Eichorst has stated that getting involved in staffing is "micromanaging". Of course he said that when questioned about making upgrades to Bo's staff. Now that Eichorst has his coach and it's his ass on the line if said coach falters maybe Eichorst changes his policy. Hell he already changed his "talking about the program midseason" rule.

We're so stuck on history. But since joining the BIG we are 2-2 against NW. Splitting with Iowa, Minnesota is a struggle. We can't consistently win in the west.

Our record has shielded our poor play until now. Almost winning a meaningless bowl game against USC is our hope. Now we're left hoping for that meaningless bowl. Not much of a dropout really.

I'm pretty sure we're 3-2 against NW.... We lost a close one in 2011, won a close one in 2012, won on the Hail Mary 2013, destroyed them last year, and got embarrassed this year.

Like I said. We're Northwestern quality. 3-2 and using Hail Mary's to get there.

futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-

Plus TA isn't running because he has a bad knee and his throwing is off partly due to his throwing hand is hurt. Once again it's a lack of depth issue from the previous staff.

So which of these injuries prevents Armstrong from handing the ball off, in your opinion?

If I recall correctly, Pelini won with Pelini's players. We will have to wait and see if Riley can win with Riley's players.

How anyone wants to give these guys time...I'll never understand

Each one of these five losses were winnable games.

And look what Michigan and Iowa did to NW in the previous two weeks. We are light years behind Iowa...............Iowa.

We are light years from being respectable with this staff. Roll the dice, start from scratch next year. Pay real money for a winner.

Memphis' coach is looking good, but rumor has it that South Carolina is going for him with some big money.

We don't have big $ to spend, or so I'm told.

We're paying a ton just in buyouts. We could have turned a 9-3 staff into a 11-1/10-2 staff with that money easily. Maybe we can beg Buffet to do a one-time program bailout.

Sadly, nothing is going to change until Eichorst is gone. Maybe Alvarez will take pity on us and retire early so that Eichorst can gtfo.

Ya Riley and Eichorst are tied together. Both are safe as long as Perlman is here, once he's gone then all bets are off.

futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-
Why is it trolling to point out we are historically not better than Northwestern, Minnesota, Iowa, and are Wiscosnin's bitch.

We've been happy to be 7-4, barely beat Iowa, win a toilet bowl game and ended a 9-4 unranked team at the end of the season.

This team is not significantly worse. Only in our minds but they are just as irrelevant as the 9-4 team to the other 300 million people in the US.

Yes they were better record wise. But no bowl, toilet bowl, same thing. We get to 6 wins and they put us in a better bowl than we deserve because they think they'll sell tickets. Not because we deserve anything.

Win championships or go home.

• Fire 1

I keep telling my family and friends that next year we could be a really special team. I truly believe that is possible.

But my gut has the same feeling it did when they announced that Riley was our new coach. I'm more and more afraid we are in for a year sinilar to this one next year. If that happens and we are again searching for a new coach heading into 2017, Nebraska will be 15 years without a conference title. That is just unacceptable on so many levels for a fan base as devoted as ours and a university as well endowed as ours is.

I keep telling my family and friends that next year we could be a really special team. I truly believe that is possible.

But my gut has the same feeling it did when they announced that Riley was our new coach. I'm more and more afraid we are in for a year sinilar to this one next year. If that happens and we are again searching for a new coach heading into 2017, Nebraska will be 15 years without a conference title. That is just unacceptable on so many levels for a fan base as devoted as ours and a university as well endowed as ours is.

Who is the QB of this special team going to be? We're going to be special with a true freshman QB? I like your positive outlook, but there are a lot of holes on this team starting at QB. Then look out our LB's and secondary and it obvious we lack talent. Our kicker is getting better though.