***Northwestern Game Thread***

Branno

We're so stuck on history. But since joining the BIG we are 2-2 against NW. Splitting with Iowa, Minnesota is a struggle. We can't consistently win in the west.

Our record has shielded our poor play until now. Almost winning a meaningless bowl game against USC is our hope. Now we're left hoping for that meaningless bowl. Not much of a dropout really.

3 losses at home so far this year. MSU and Iowa left to come in

There is a real possibility that we don't beat a power 5 team at home this year.

Not with that attitude we won't. We need to fix a number of things, but remember Riley wins games he's not supposed to and loses games he's not supposed to.

Riley wasn't supposed to beat Minn's b/c of their top pass defense. he did, because minnesota has the worst pass offense in the nation.

There's just no reason he can beat MSU or iowa. both those teams have passing attacks that this D cannot stop and top overall defenses.

We're so stuck on history. But since joining the BIG we are 2-2 against NW. Splitting with Iowa, Minnesota is a struggle. We can't consistently win in the west.

Our record has shielded our poor play until now. Almost winning a meaningless bowl game against USC is our hope. Now we're left hoping for that meaningless bowl. Not much of a dropout really.

I'm pretty sure we're 3-2 against NW.... We lost a close one in 2011, won a close one in 2012, won on the Hail Mary 2013, destroyed them last year, and got embarrassed this year.

3 losses at home so far this year. MSU and Iowa left to come in

There is a real possibility that we don't beat a power 5 team at home this year.

Not with that attitude we won't. We need to fix a number of things, but remember Riley wins games he's not supposed to and loses games he's not supposed to.

Which basically means the guy alternates between luck and incompetence. Awesome!

Mike Riley looks like a man who is exhausted and has no answers for improvement. He seems to be in agreement with some of the questions from the media where they're questioning his methods/decisions. He just looks lost and it truly is sad yet he continues to throw the players under the bus. I don't understand that at all. As a leader, you point the thumb, not the finger. I'm seriously done with him.

A team captain cost the offense a chance to get the ball back and we had a poor 4th quarter effort once again.

That is lack of depth, kids get tired. But the problem lately has been more offensive than defensive. Look at the number of plays and we should have killed NW on the scoreboard, but dropped passes, RB's who can't break a tackle or find a hole to save their life, and a QB who has no football intelligence wears the defense out in the 4th are killing this team.

I agree. Also, the kids are being put into situations to win, but they're not making the plays. That's not on the coaches. A coaches job is to put people into a position to make plays. The kids just aren't.

Mike Riley looks like a man who is exhausted and has no answers for improvement. He seems to be in agreement with some of the questions from the media where they're questioning his methods/decisions. He just looks lost and it truly is sad yet he continues to throw the players under the bus. I don't understand that at all. As a leader, you point the thumb, not the finger. I'm seriously done with him.

dude, he is a f'ing .500 coach, we got exactly what we hired.......a .500 coach........not rocket science!