Will POB Start next season

The QB who hasn't set foot on campus is always the best player on the team. Y'all are hilarious.

He is completing 80% of his throws...nearly double TAs Comp%
He's in high school. TA isn't a good thrower or decision maker but we don't know sh#t about how POB will be in college. See Johnny Stanton.
Put your support in TA. You may lose your credibility. Watch out!
What an idiotic post. I want the best QB to play. I don't care what his/her name is.
Well you said it yourself that TA isn't s good thrower and you don't know what POB brings to the table...so you saying it's stupid to think that POB should start is beyond me

Because it is stupid to think he should start. We haven't seen him in a single play against college players, and the coaches won't until spring. If they make him the starter it will be based on actually seeing him play. Everyone here who is saying he should be the starter is basing it on HS stats. Lots of QBs have good HS stats and don't do well in college.

The QB who hasn't set foot on campus is always the best player on the team. Y'all are hilarious.

He is completing 80% of his throws...nearly double TAs Comp%
He's in high school. TA isn't a good thrower or decision maker but we don't know sh#t about how POB will be in college. See Johnny Stanton.
Put your support in TA. You may lose your credibility. Watch out!
What an idiotic post. I want the best QB to play. I don't care what his/her name is.
Well you said it yourself that TA isn't s good thrower and you don't know what POB brings to the table...so you saying it's stupid to think that POB should start is beyond me
Because it is stupid to think he should start. We haven't seen him in a single play against college players, and the coaches won't until spring. If they make him the starter it will be based on actually seeing him play. Everyone here who is saying he should be the starter is basing it on HS stats. Lots of QBs have good HS stats and don't do well in college.

Oh so you really don't know until he gets to college just like the rest of us...great insight

I think you guys are dreaming if you think Tommy won't be the QB next year. Unless POB turns out to be Peyton Manning in a husker uniform, we aren't gonna see him till 2017.

This. Tommy will be the starter next year, so I'd stop thinking about the freshman or anyone else. Tommy knows the system the Best, and he's apparently the Best option we have.

POB will have to learn the offense, the phrasing, build chemistry with the receivers and OLine. Tommy has all of that. The coaches will not upset that. Mark my words.

This is coming from a fan who is silently wishing for Tommy to be benched, all while full-well knowing he won't be.

• Fire 1

I think you guys are dreaming if you think Tommy won't be the QB next year. Unless POB turns out to be Peyton Manning in a husker uniform, we aren't gonna see him till 2017.

This. Tommy will be the starter next year, so I'd stop thinking about the freshman or anyone else. Tommy knows the system the Best, and he's apparently the Best option we have.

POB will have to learn the offense, the phrasing, build chemistry with the receivers and OLine. Tommy has all of that. The coaches will not upset that. Mark my words.

This is coming from a fan who is silently wishing for Tommy to be benched, all while full-well knowing he won't be.

You may be right, but here's the question....if a 3-year starter has lost 5 games already this season, and is not able to execute in the new system, why should we expect a different result in 2016. Thus, if 2016 is going to be another long season, I'd rather do it with someone new and let them learn along the way.

Ya you are probably right but how stupid is that. We know what we are getting with Tommy. I mean I think he has heart and loves to play for NU...don't get me wrong. But, occasionally, you have to look towards the future and some guys get screwed in the process. I'd rather win 6 games with a freshman who could grow into a good QB than win 6-8 games with a senior QB who is flatlining.

It will probably be best if POB redshirts next season and I would be surprised if anybody other than Armstrong takes snaps at QB unless an injury occurs.

As far as Armstrong being on the bench right now... there simply isn't another QB on the roster who's even close to being starting QB material.

I really dislike that notion. I know players practice and all but how do you know a player is not game ready unless you give them a shot? Many players throughout history have come off the bench and jumped into the spotlight. You really don't know how good someone is until you put them in a live game. See 2007 when Sam Keller went down, Joey Ganz came in and became a very, very good QB and people constantly kept saying we had no one behind Keller that could be a solid QB.

I heard AJ Bush was good

As long as the other quarterbacks remain on the bench, they never will get good. i am beginning to doubt the coaches ability to judge talent in practice. I think Armstrong it too good of an athlete to bench him. He is not a pocket thrower and I don't think he ever will be. He is an amaxing runner and throws reasonably well on the run. He would be a Heisman candidate if he was running an old Husker triple option offense. I think he would have done better than Crouch. I think Riley and Langsdorf are too much of the west coast offense crowd. They need to change.

It will probably be best if POB redshirts next season and I would be surprised if anybody other than Armstrong takes snaps at QB unless an injury occurs.

As far as Armstrong being on the bench right now... there simply isn't another QB on the roster who's even close to being starting QB material.

I really dislike that notion. I know players practice and all but how do you know a player is not game ready unless you give them a shot? Many players throughout history have come off the bench and jumped into the spotlight. You really don't know how good someone is until you put them in a live game. See 2007 when Sam Keller went down, Joey Ganz came in and became a very, very good QB and people constantly kept saying we had no one behind Keller that could be a solid QB.

I heard AJ Bush was good

As long as the other quarterbacks remain on the bench, they never will get good. i am beginning to doubt the coaches ability to judge talent in practice. I think Armstrong it too good of an athlete to bench him. He is not a pocket thrower and I don't think he ever will be. He is an amaxing runner and throws reasonably well on the run. He would be a Heisman candidate if he was running an old Husker triple option offense. I think he would have done better than Crouch. I think Riley and Langsdorf are too much of the west coast offense crowd. They need to change.

Good point. If they refuse to adapt to a style of offense that suits Tommy (running him more), then they need to put in the QB that is the best passer on the team, and if Tommy is our best passer, we are in real trouble. My guess it that Riley is not going to go away from the offense that requires the best passer, so I really think it will be more up for grabs than you think.