I miss the Big 12

BoNeyard

The B1G is a fantastic conference. If we can get back to our old shape and a good hard running game, B1G play will be a lot of fun. Personally, the academic prestige of the B1G is enough for me to be happy here.

Ya who doesn't love academics. I mean, that translates to wins more so than superb athletes.

You do know there is a university attached to our football program, right?

Yea, but football brings in a crap load of money and shouldn't be ignored.
Nobody is ignoring the football program, but that money gets allocated to the athletic department, not the general university. Yes, a strong athletic department/football program does have an impact on enrollment numbers, but so does being a strong academic program.

The better the academics, the more students want to attend UNL, that creates more alumni, and increases the donations to the school.

Not digging the B1G anymore...Don't get me wrong, I hated Dan Beebe, but now that he is gone, I think the conference would have been fine. Coincidentally Texas started being bad as soon as we left too.

At the time the move to the B1G was exciting and sounded great to get out of the power control of Texas. But it doesnt seem Texas has that control anymore since Beebe left.

And it is my understanding we currently don't see much if any of the B1G money yet? And wont until 2017 or something like that? I may be wrong here.

But i dont know, miss the Big12. Feels more right to be there. Also i think the move to B1G has really hurt our recruiting, we no longer can appeal to Texas players, and we have to start our new pipelines into states already controlled by B1G powers like tOSU, Michigan, Penn State.

I remember saying this when it all went down, but I think we are very lucky to be in the Big10 now. We would have major problems there with Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, Okie Lite and Texas. West Virginian and KState. Most likely in worse shape than we are now. We are paying for poor recruiting and personnel management from the last 7 years. I don't know if it is going to get better or not. Hoping Coach Riley can save this season somehow, but it looks bad right now. Keep the faith Big RED.

I don't really think Wisconsin considers Nebraska as a rival, but we're glad you guys are in the Big Ten! Give yourselves a break! You have a new coach.

You don't see us as a rival because we are new, and you guys beat us everytime. Until we start beating you, you guys probably don't recognize us much.

I'm in favor of amending HuskerBoard rules to give an immediate ban to anyone who still pines after that abortion of a conference. It's pathetic. It's like begging your ex-boyfriend to take you back, and telling all your friends it wasn't his fault that he cheated on you.

Have some self-respect for Pete's sake.

11-1 votes. I miss nothing about that conference. B1G is great, we need to fix us and it will be fun.

• Fire 2

I'm in favor of amending HuskerBoard rules to give an immediate ban to anyone who still pines after that abortion of a conference. It's pathetic. It's like begging your ex-boyfriend to take you back, and telling all your friends it wasn't his fault that he cheated on you.

Have some self-respect for Pete's sake.

11-1 votes. I miss nothing about that conference. B1G is great, we need to fix us and it will be fun.

Yes, the problem is with Nebraska, not the rest of the conference.
  • Fire 1

I would've rather expanded the Big 8 without the SW Conference schools.

Well that was 20 years ago. Can't do much about that now.

Can't get the Big 12 back either...it's not the same conference anymore and I'm guessing recruiting Texas is a little tougher now that recruits have Baylor, TCU, A&M, and Texas ....all big time schools to choose from.

The B1G is a fantastic conference. If we can get back to our old shape and a good hard running game, B1G play will be a lot of fun. Personally, the academic prestige of the B1G is enough for me to be happy here.

Ya who doesn't love academics. I mean, that translates to wins more so than superb athletes.

You do know there is a university attached to our football program, right?

Yea, but football brings in a crap load of money and shouldn't be ignored.

I don't think we'll ever get to a point where the state or the University of Nebraska ignore football. ;) Don't get me wrong, I do think that we should be in the greatest athletic conference we can be. But I think we'll grow in the B1G, and the B1G will grow on us. The Big 12 may be a slightly better geographical fit, but the B1G isn't bad either.

Look, people will want to pretend like this is not the case but it is true...

1. No one actually cares about "Big Ten Money"

2. No one actually care about "BIg Ten Stabilty"

3. 99% of Husker fans would rather be in the Big 12

....because we want to play familiar teams not teams we considered were garbage the entire time leading up to the exact second we joined the big10. Then all of a sudden it became the toughest conference ever.

Honeymoon period ended and we're starting to realize how the Big10 seriously hurts our already disadvantaged recruiting. Nebraska is in limbo, the only way to break through in recruiting is to find a coach that can DEVELOP what we get and win games. Until that happens our recruiting is going to suffer.

-----------------

BTW, we're still 10th in the conference in recruiting. Say all you want about Iowa's quantity of numbers being the reason being ahead of us but look what they have done to guys that we didn't want. Drew Ott, Cole Fisher, etc...

We need to play BIG10 ball. Not west coast BS...physical, hard nosed football, and we need a coach that preaches that football. I:E someone like David Shaw.

Throw all the damn money in the world at him and he'll turn it around.

Shaw or Tom Herman or Troy Calhoun.