38 Carries - Nebraska Record

True2tRA

Between the actual running backs--Newby, Cross and Janovich-- there were just 25 carries. The lead back had 16 carries. Counter that with 48 passes, and no, this is not commitment to the run.

Commitment isn't just number of carries. It's a mentality and a game plan that states that we are going to run the ball down your throat, blast you off the line of scrimmage, you're going to know exactly what's coming, and you're still not going to stop it.

It is not sprinkling in a run here and there as the wrinkle to compliment the passing game.

• Fire 6

Rex Burkhead set the Nebraska record for most carries in a game on 11/25/2011. He had 160 yards.

Nebraska ran the ball 38 times today against Northwestern. Nebraska had 82 yards.

Yet according to many Huskerboard members, Nebraska didn't "commit" to the run.

attachicon.gifderp.jpg

Commit to with quantity, doesn't translate to committing to quality......

Just like the quantity of experience this staff has does not translate to quality on the field.

Yes we ran. A lot. I can't remember one quality run except for the option by TA and the roll out to the left he kept for 6........

Initially there were statistics that like 75% of our rushing yards were outside runs and the rest were between the tackles. Yet today it seemed we continued to ram Newby right into the middle. He is not a between the tackles runner. Just my opinion. He goes down at first contact, can't move the pile and hesitates. Langs has no idea how to qualitatively run the ball. He blows chunks at this.

I can not believe that I fell for the BS coach speak about "fitting the scheme to the guys", "really like the idea of a running QB"..... Should have known the truth with the comments "I think we ran well today" (38 carries for 82 yards), "I haven't ever had a running QB before", "we can use the pass to set up the run".....

A$$ clowns for coaches. Not all, but most.

• Fire 4

Between the actual running backs--Newby, Cross and Janovich-- there were just 25 carries. The lead back had 16 carries. Counter that with 48 passes, and no, this is not commitment to the run.

Commitment isn't just number of carries. It's a mentality and a game plan that states that we are going to run the ball down your throat, blast you off the line of scrimmage, you're going to know exactly what's coming, and you're still not going to stop it.

It is not sprinkling in a run here and there as the wrinkle to compliment the passing game.

Well said.

Rex Burkhead set the Nebraska record for most carries in a game on 11/25/2011. He had 160 yards.

Nebraska ran the ball 38 times today against Northwestern. Nebraska had 82 yards.

derp.jpg

If you think we "committed" to the run, I think that says a lot about your own insight. I mean I've lurked for awhile and have always found you to be a straight shooter True but call "a spade a spade." To act like we committed to the run is being deceitful at best.

• Fire 2

attachicon.gifderp.jpg

NW's run defense is pretty stout. Their pass rush was good too.

attachicon.gifderp.jpg

In conference they were giving up 189/game.... All games approx 155/game..... (#55 against the rush/NU at #7)

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/team/509/rushing/defense/split.html

attachicon.gifderp.jpg

Iowa ran for almost 300 on them....

• Fire 1