Through these gates...

I am saddened by what I read in most of the threads here lately. We call ourselves the best fans in football all the time, yet the best fans wouldn't give up on their team. The best fans continue to support them, through good times and bad. Especially bad.

It is becoming clear that we are a front-running fanbase. No different and certainly no better than anyone else. Front-runners are not fans.

I will continue to support the Huskers because that is what a fan does. If you can't, I have no time for you.

• Fire 2

Front runner fans? I disagree, front runner fans would not flood message boards and online articles expressing their frustrations. They would have just vanished.

I find it the complete opposite. Nebraska football means so much to the Cornhusker fans it is apart of our lives. So naturally, when Nebraska football is playing poorly, or we clearly get handed rotten apples, we are going to complain because it affects us.

• Fire 3

Exactly, "Thru These Gates". We are not in those gates, we are safely at home (Well I hope we are). Meaning in those gates you will see the best fans cheer their team and the opposing when they walk off the field. On this side of those gates, we are Fans that can take a load off and vent our frustrations.

I might have seen a couple of posts from members that said they are thru, but for the rest, I have yet to see them say F* the Huskers, I am now a _______ Fan. Just because people lay into this coaching staff and not butter up to them does not mean they aren't great fans.

Should we be cheering " Only lost by 2 points this time, great job guys, do better next time"?

I still a Husker fan still cheer for them hope they win them all. But as taxpayer in Nebraska and a proud parent of a UNL student I feel I should be able to voice my disappointment with this staff. This lack of coaching staff is taking us nowhere but down. I'm not looking for a job with UNL so I can say what I want lol

• Fire 2

When in God's name did voicing legitimate displeasure at a bunch of horse-sh#t coaching start to make someone a "bad fan"?

Said differently, why is the definition of a "good fan" someone who stands like a robot in the face of some of the worst football that's ever been played inside of Memorial Stadium and just smiles a creepy Stepford smile, like "Aw, geez. Doncha worry fellas, everything is going to be A-OK! Riley and dem boys will have this all figured out in a jiffy. You'll see!"

I guess my point is lost in this crowd. Forget it. Sorry to bother you with my opinion.

Last thought, fire this coaching staff after one season or less, and you might want to really consider the message that sends through the coaching community. The next one better be the second coming of Christ...

I love my Huskers, win or lose, and my family will continue to celebrate when we win and be pissed when we continue to lose games by less than a few points. I wasn't a fan of the Riley hire then and wont be going forward. Regardless, my basset hounds (husker and lil' red) and I will continue to cheer on our team every week. 'Not the victory but the action........' GBR.

The best fans would respect the kids that come to play for DoNU by not allowing their skills and knowledge of the game to suffer under an incompetent coaching regime, and calling for change when it's readily apparent that the staff has neither the skills or inclination to turn this program around.

The Greatest Fans in College Football continue to fill that stadium every single game. We buy the gear, we donate to the program. We have every right to voice our concerns and even bitch when we think the promgram is headed in the wrong direction and not being managed properly by those who are paid big bucks to do so.

we have had 15 years of average football and have been no where near the top of the mountain, yet we continue to fill the stadium, which I think is amazing and speaks to how much this program is loved and cherished. And in my opinion we need an A.D. Who has the passion and a coach who gets it. We need people with Nebraska ties.

The fans are supposed to be happy with a 3-5 football team? The fans are supposed to throw blind support behind a coaching staff just because it's year 1 in the program?

NU fans know good football when they see it, and what we are watching is not good football. I'm not going to argue whether we have watched good football over the past 5-10-15 years, the past doesn't matter. All that matters now is that we have a very poorly coached team. It's led by a head coach who has been nothing but average over his entire coaching tenure, and his band of merry men who he brought over from Corvallis so they could enjoy a few years of nice paychecks before half of them retire and never coach again.

• Fire 1