Nothing a few empty skyboxes and seats wouldn't fix!!

If I thought boycotting games was a bad idea when the Pelini-haters proposed it after Bo's 6th season, I won't think it a good idea in the middle of Mike Riley's first season.

Now run me through the mental process of how a student athlete looking up at a few empty seats decides he better stop playing sh**ty on purpose and get his act together.

Wait. Do you believe the team runs out onto Tom Osborne Field at Memorial Stadium, looks up and see the stands completely full and goes..."Whew! Full house! We can mail it in again today!"

Do you honestly think the coaching staff and administration isn't feeling enough pressure at the moment? That only ending the sellout streak would get their attention?

Good fans stick with the team when the going gets rough.

It's actually the defining quality of being a fan.

Give it a go.

• Fire 2

If I thought boycotting games was a bad idea when the Pelini-haters proposed it after Bo's 6th season, I won't think it a good idea in the middle of Mike Riley's first season.

Now run me through the mental process of how a student athlete looking up at a few empty seats decides he better stop playing sh**ty on purpose and get his act together.

Wait. Do you believe the team runs out onto Tom Osborne Field at Memorial Stadium, looks up and see the stands completely full and goes..."Whew! Full house! We can mail it in again today!"

Do you honestly think the coaching staff and administration isn't feeling enough pressure at the moment? That only ending the sellout streak would get their attention?

Good fans stick with the team when the going gets rough.

It's actually the defining quality of being a fan.

Give it a go.

That sounds really hard and would require some loyality.

It is easier to come to the dark side and let the hate flow through you.

I plan on going to the Michigan State Nebraska game and the Iowa game so I can see two good football teams this year.

yawn......Chancellors and AD's really only care about academics.

We lost our AAU status a few years back, so they're not doing a very good job there either...

Forgone conclusion don't barf out accusatory turdbombs

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/26078/nebraska-loses-aau-status

There is the article. Dont have the article but if my memory serves me right it was Penn State and North Western that filed the complaint against us. Essentially due to the structure of the University they do not view UNL UNK and UNO as one, even though all school share the same chancellor. So none of our academics at our Med school count or any of those professors. Also none of the ag research UNK does counts...... Really hurts our standings...

This was Pearlmans Statement.

Those criteria are weighted based on the number of tenure-track faculty at a particular university. Based on those criteria, a number of non-AAU institutions ranked higher than 15 AAU institutions, including UNL, Perlman said.

UNL joined the AAU in 1909. Perlman said UNL has ranked at the bottom of the AAU's members for more than a decade based on the group's ranking system, which ranks all research universities. That ranking system consists of four criteria: research expenditures, National Academy members, faculty awards (from a specified list) and citations.

"We have known we were at risk of this for ten years, and successfully fought off a similar threat in 2000," Perlman said. "I had hoped our extraordinary accomplishments and steep trajectory would have made us less vulnerable, but the AAU's approach to the review made this result inevitable."

UNL, UNK, UNO, and UNMC are not the same school and each have their own chancellor. They are all governed by the same university system, but that's not really different than other states like Iowa or South Dakota where a Board of Regents governs all the public universities and you would never view Iowa and Iowa State as the same school. UNL has no governance over the other institutions and so I can understand the decision to remove the AAU status if they were previously getting credit for the medicine faculty. It is unfortunate but understandable. Can't restructure your entire university system just to hold onto the AAU status.

Riley has ended just about every other streak of ours. Why not end the sell out streak as well.

I can think of one, 30 straight opening day non-conference wins, enlighten me on all the other streaks he's ended champ.

Did we break a streak of conference opening game victories this year?

Nope, lost that one in 2011 when Wisconsin took us out back for a rough welcoming to the B1G

Whether or not the ticket is 'sold' is not as important, in my view, to sending the message to all parties concerned, as 'no shows' at the games or fans leaving early or at half time. I have seen droves of fans heading south at half time for past half dozen years. That never used to happen. Fans go to watch 'great football games'. These recent games have been 'exciting' in the sense that the winner has not been decided until often the last play of the game. But, for a majority of Nebraska fans, we consider 'great football' to be not so much who wins the game but how the game is played. In a way, it is like the line "It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game that truly counts!" In Nebraska, we expect to win AND play the game right, honestly, fairly and thoroughly! We have terminated coaches even though they may have won a signficant portion of their games because they didn't win the right way. Winning wrong is no better and can even be worse than losing the right way.

I just don't understand why some members here immediately start calling other members non-fans just for expressing their honest opinions. I am sorry but I have been a Husker fan all my life (45+ Years) and I will always support my team no matter what but I do not have to accept descending to mediocrity and say it is OK. Teams used to pee their pants at the thought of playing the huskers. Nowadays, teams coming to Lincoln seem to have more swagger than our own team. Most times, they leave with a "W". I still remember the game when Texas rolled to town and beat us 16-13 and broke our 56 home unbeaten record. The fans were crying because it was such a rare thing to happen. Now, if we expect our players to respect our tradition and play hard, we are called non-fans, or Nancy boys, or whatever other crap some people use on this blog. I say, anyone who is happy with what is transpiring with our beloved husker is the fake fan themselves. Apparently losing to Illinois, NW, BYU, MIAMI, and Wisconsin is not sending the right message to the team and coaches. What else will?

• Fire 1

Whether or not the ticket is 'sold' is not as important, in my view, to sending the message to all parties concerned, as 'no shows' at the games or fans leaving early or at half time. I have seen droves of fans heading south at half time for past half dozen years. That never used to happen. Fans go to watch 'great football games'. These recent games have been 'exciting' in the sense that the winner has not been decided until often the last play of the game. But, for a majority of Nebraska fans, we consider 'great football' to be not so much who wins the game but how the game is played. In a way, it is like the line "It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game that truly counts!" In Nebraska, we expect to win AND play the game right, honestly, fairly and thoroughly! We have terminated coaches even though they may have won a signficant portion of their games because they didn't win the right way. Winning wrong is no better and can even be worse than losing the right way.

It's fascinating how often and how completely this post contradicts itself.

• Fire 1

yawn......Chancellors and AD's really only care about academics.

We lost our AAU status a few years back, so they're not doing a very good job there either...

Forgone conclusion don't barf out accusatory turdbombs

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/26078/nebraska-loses-aau-status

There is the article. Dont have the article but if my memory serves me right it was Penn State and North Western that filed the complaint against us. Essentially due to the structure of the University they do not view UNL UNK and UNO as one, even though all school share the same chancellor. So none of our academics at our Med school count or any of those professors. Also none of the ag research UNK does counts...... Really hurts our standings...

This was Pearlmans Statement.

Those criteria are weighted based on the number of tenure-track faculty at a particular university. Based on those criteria, a number of non-AAU institutions ranked higher than 15 AAU institutions, including UNL, Perlman said.

UNL joined the AAU in 1909. Perlman said UNL has ranked at the bottom of the AAU's members for more than a decade based on the group's ranking system, which ranks all research universities. That ranking system consists of four criteria: research expenditures, National Academy members, faculty awards (from a specified list) and citations.

"We have known we were at risk of this for ten years, and successfully fought off a similar threat in 2000," Perlman said. "I had hoped our extraordinary accomplishments and steep trajectory would have made us less vulnerable, but the AAU's approach to the review made this result inevitable."

UNL, UNK, UNO, and UNMC are not the same school and each have their own chancellor. They are all governed by the same university system, but that's not really different than other states like Iowa or South Dakota where a Board of Regents governs all the public universities and you would never view Iowa and Iowa State as the same school. UNL has no governance over the other institutions and so I can understand the decision to remove the AAU status if they were previously getting credit for the medicine faculty. It is unfortunate but understandable. Can't restructure your entire university system just to hold onto the AAU status.

When I grad from Unv of Neb. I took classes at UNL UNK and UNO (some at the same time) and Iowa Western (those were transfer credits) without ever 'transfering' when I grad I got to chose where my degree said I grad from... My Ex however did her first two years at metro and 'grad' from UNO... Even though she never had to transfer those credits... She could of brought them to UNL UNK or UNO, however maybe things have changed when I took biz law in undergrad they fully explained how we were all one school but seperate, kinda like the holy trinity. Maybe I have the title wrong, however when I took that class he explained the UNO highest office was not the boss it was in Lincoln or some board.

As to our Med School and UNK research that is all funded by UNL, so why not credit them? Then again UNL funds all of us because we all pay them to exist.

Also tell that to the UNO football and wrestlers that T.O. disbanded... All our money goes into one pot and Lincoln decides where it goes....

I remember when UNO FB and wrestling was disbanded, there where calls for UNO to be Neb State. Amazing that UNO had its football disbanded. T.O. made a good point however that Iowa struggles because of having two in state schools that compete for in State recruits would hurt Nebraska with an even lower in State population... Look at Minnesota. New Jersey.. Etc... They all throw this BS one school but all the same bull crap...

So are we all really one school or seperate... Unv of Iowa has nothing, and I mean nothing to do with Iowa State.

I chose UNO because my family is in Omaha and did not want them to make me grad with a bunch of kids I did not know. However I know a few friends that 'grad' from UNL that never took a single class on that campus or online....

I remember when we would lose at UNO we had a chant that we are Nebraska, etc that you are basically playing our second team and UNL would destroy you... I know the UNL kids would refer to us UNO kids as the poor kids... That is fine. However when I attended tution was the same for undergrad or very similar. I know I attended several classes a semestar + at UNL and do not remember a significant tution change...

As to UNMC having it own 'chancellor' ya they have that title, however they answer to the board of regents, and the President. Iowa and Iowa States money is completely seperate. I remember when I first moved to Iowa and bringing up they had a board of regents in common getting made fun of, they are two completely different schools.

"The University of Nebraska system is the public university system in the state of Nebraska, USA. Founded in 1869 with one campus in Lincoln, the system now has four university campuses and operates a two-year technical agriculture college."

"The University reorganized into its present form in 1968 when it took control of the municipal University of Omaha, which became the University of Nebraska at Omaha. Kearney State College, the University of Nebraska at Kearney, became the fourth member of the University of Nebraska system in 1991"

I remember when the Lincoln president came to Uno our chancellor would meet with him and it was a big deal for UNO to have the UN president on our campus for a visit...

We have one president, in Lincoln...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Nebraska_system

Long story short all schools should count towards our acadmic rating.

So hope that clears that up for you.

Riley has ended just about every other streak of ours. Why not end the sell out streak as well.

I can think of one, 30 straight opening day non-conference wins, enlighten me on all the other streaks he's ended champ.

Nope, lost that one in 2011 when Wisconsin took us out back for a rough welcoming to the B1G

When was the last time we were 2-4? When was the last time we were 3-5?

If I recall correctly, Dwight D. Eisenhower was still the president.....and he's only been dead for 46 years

Oh yeah, I forgot that we counted that one in the media guide or ESPN ran it across the score ticker at the bottom of the screen. Listen, I'm as pissed off as the next person on how we are playing right now. But lets not pretend that we were some well tuned machine prior to Riley's arrival. The streaks that folks hung their hats on ( consecutive bowl appearances, consecutive nine win seasons, etc.) were long gone. But continue to throw a temper tantrum about how its all Riley's fault that the program is now in the shitter. Newsflash, this year might have been the straw to break the camel's back but we had been hanging on by a thread for the last 3-4 years. For Christ sake, if we didn't have an All-American RB on the roster last year we would've lost to McNeese-freaking-State . If you want to keep bitching to hear yourself bitch, go ahead but quit trying to pass this false narrative that its all Riley's fault as the truth.

Revisionist history? Fans have been leaving at halftime for decades. In the 90's, it was because we were up so big the game was virtually over. The only places packed in Lincoln then were the bars. I vividly remember the game against KU in 92'. KU came into Lincoln ranked in the top 15. It was a night game, and it was pretty darn cold. We ended up trouncing KU. The score at halftime was 35-7. Halfway through the third quarter, the stadium was at least half empty if not more.