Bill Callahan or Mike Riley?

BoNeyard

Bill Callahan or Mike Riley  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lets see if I made this poll correctly.

I always saw Callahan as the guy who ran the program into the ground. I didn't speak of his name when referring to his tenure at Nebraska. I knew many Husker fans who banned his name from their vocabulary. There is no question Callahan was the worst coach at Nebraska in the modern day of this program.

But here we are at 3-5 in Riley's first year and it feels more gasoline is being poured on the dumpster fire. I don't see hope at all in the near future, and for the first time since 2007 I am looking forward to college football season being over, and forgetting about this year completely. What I am seeing and feeling in Riley's first year is what I felt in Callahan's last year.

Which begs the question...Right now who would you want as Nebraska's head coach? Bill Callahan or Mike Riley.

I NEVER EVER thought I would EVER want Callahan to be the head coach of Nebraska again....but after seeing this, I felt like I had more hope in Callahan than I do Riley.

I really disliked Callahan. But in comparing these two, I had hope going into each Nebraska season under Callahan that it was going to be his breakout year and everything was going to click. Heck, even each game I was hoping it was going to be the game that turned the program around. We all know that never happened.

With Riley, I don't have that hope. Maybe it is because he is 62, a career coaching record of sub .500. The fact he came into a program loaded with talent compared to his former program and we have lost to bad teams that we are simply better than man-man.

If Callahan had a decent defensive coordinator, he might still be the coach.

Like him or not, his offense put up points and numbers.

If Bo Pelini had a decent defensive coordinator, he might still be the coach, too.

If Mike Riley is given either the four or seven seasons Callahan and Pelini had, we might be able to make a legitimate comparison.

If Mike Riley is given either the four or seven seasons Callahan and Pelini had, we might be able to make a legitimate comparison.

There is a reason Pelini had 7 seasons. There is a reason Riley might not get 3.

My guess is you're familiar with Osborne's quote about surviving a losing season.......

If Callahan had a decent defensive coordinator, he might still be the coach.

Like him or not, his offense put up points and numbers.

If Bo Pelini had a decent defensive coordinator, he might still be the coach, too.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

• Fire 1

Lets see if I made this poll correctly.

I always saw Callahan as the guy who ran the program into the ground. I didn't speak of his name when referring to his tenure at Nebraska. I knew many Husker fans who banned his name from their vocabulary. There is no question Callahan was the worst coach at Nebraska in the modern day of this program.

But here we are at 3-5 in Riley's first year and it feels more gasoline is being poured on the dumpster fire. I don't see hope at all in the near future, and for the first time since 2007 I am looking forward to college football season being over, and forgetting about this year completely. What I am seeing and feeling in Riley's first year is what I felt in Callahan's last year.

Which begs the question...Right now who would you want as Nebraska's head coach? Bill Callahan or Mike Riley.

I NEVER EVER thought I would EVER want Callahan to be the head coach of Nebraska again....but after seeing this, I felt like I had more hope in Callahan than I do Riley.

kansasmelting.gif

There is only one thing to do with a thread this stupid. Gif bomb the sh#t outta it!

• Fire 4