Bill Callahan or Mike Riley?

BoNeyard

Bill Callahan or Mike Riley  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Callahan had a decent defensive coordinator, he might still be the coach.

Like him or not, his offense put up points and numbers.

"F*cking hillbillies."

-Bill Callahan

Yeah, that guy really was a good fit for Nebraska.

At least Cally dropped the f-bomb on our rivals and not our fans. <shrug>

"F*cking hillbillies."

-Bill Callahan

At least Cally dropped the f-bomb on our rivals and not our fans. <shrug>

Both actions are inexcusable. Certainly not fireable offenses, in and of themselves, but illustrative of their personalities.

Staffing is of critical importance. If Frank had staffed as he wanted all along rather than just after we went down hill he'd have likely kept his job. As you said if BC had a better DC than Coz(and gets rid of Elmo too) it's a different team. IMO if Pedey had handled matters upfront like a man the we could have been able to keep Bo and Marvin around after '03. How much better would Bo's team have been if you just ditch Ells, make Papuchis LB/ST's and bring in a quality DC? Get Barney an off-field job while you're at it. Don't need a TE-specific coach, Fisher and a GA could handle them. Bring in a good qb-coach/co-OC to help Beck. Neb isn't going to become a power again til we start staffing like one. We have a built-in recruiting disadvantage due our distance from talent and the S&C program will never give us the edge it did back in the old days. That means we have to have quality coaching across the board.

• Fire 1

"F*cking hillbillies."

-Bill Callahan

He didn't say anything that wasn't true. He was talking about Oklahoma fans after all...

• Fire 1

If Bo Pelini had a decent defensive coordinator, he might still be the coach, too.

If Mike Riley is given either the four or seven seasons Callahan and Pelini had, we might be able to make a legitimate comparison.

Bo Pelini needed a decent offensive coordinator in addition to a decent defensive coordinator. He also needed a few stud recruiters and an attitude adjustment.

Callahan recruited his balls off to Nebraska. His biggest demise was that he refused to let Cosgrove walk.

Imagine Nebraska in 2009/10 with Callahan as head coach and Pelini as Defensive Coordinator.

That might have worked out pretty well actually. Pelini needs top notch athletes to make his defense work, Callahan would have given him that.

Yeah, we needed this thread.

Stupidest. Sh#t. Ever.

How much bullsh#t do we have to put up with?

HB is turning into a f#cking dumpster fire. It's sad.

I stopped showing up the first couple days after a loss. I don't have the energy to argue with all of the Negative Nancy's on this board. Well, I do have the energy I suppose, but not only is it not worth it to argue with 2 yr olds, I simply have better ways to spend that energy. When I do come here, I try to find threads that are at least neutral in attitude and try to avoid most of the negativity. Obviously I failed in that regard when I clicked on this thread. lmao.gif

• Fire 1

Very little to select from Elf, One bowl of steaming poo after another, and plenty to fill them, just ask.

Pathetic fans of a team you claim to love. Every dart, every thing you say is heard by the staff and the kids.

My guess is that most of the fans in the State have very little in common with these spoiled babies, I want to win and win now or else!

This program may be on the downward swing, but the fans on this board are pushing it down the hill as fast as they can.

Staffing is of critical importance. If Frank had staffed as he wanted all along rather than just after we went down hill he'd have likely kept his job. As you said if BC had a better DC than Coz(and gets rid of Elmo too) it's a different team. IMO if Pedey had handled matters upfront like a man the we could have been able to keep Bo and Marvin around after '03. How much better would Bo's team have been if you just ditch Ells, make Papuchis LB/ST's and bring in a quality DC? Get Barney an off-field job while you're at it. Don't need a TE-specific coach, Fisher and a GA could handle them. Bring in a good qb-coach/co-OC to help Beck. Neb isn't going to become a power again til we start staffing like one. We have a built-in recruiting disadvantage due our distance from talent and the S&C program will never give us the edge it did back in the old days. That means we have to have quality coaching across the board.

You can't build a coaching staff under a #%@$ing rock, bud.

Coaches almost always choose coaches and coordinators they've worked with before or they're at least familiar with. It's very rare they select a big name hire, regardless of pedigree, that they don't have some experience with in the past. Especially at the college level. Too much risk of not being on the same page or clashing methodologies or ideologies.

• Fire 1