Seriously, what happens if Ryker lights it up?

It's not like we're playing well against good teams but just coming up short. It's more we playing poorly against bad teams and just coming up short.

Eh, let's at least call BYU and Wisconsin good teams that we would have called quality wins in years past, and the very definition of coming up inches short.

Northwestern beat Stanford and their defense is legit. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have beaten them, but that game hasn't been a gimme since joining the Big 10.

A lot of folks chalked up Miami on the road as a loss before the season, although in hindsight a sack of doorknobs could outcoach Al Golden. God, it would have been fun to win that overtime.

Did we really lose to Illinois? Are you pooping me?

I keep pushing that one out of my brain.

It's not like we're playing well against good teams but just coming up short. It's more we playing poorly against bad teams and just coming up short.

Eh, let's at least call BYU and Wisconsin good teams that we would have called quality wins in years past, and the very definition of coming up inches short.

Northwestern beat Stanford and their defense is legit. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have beaten them, but that game hasn't been a gimme since joining the Big 10.

A lot of folks chalked up Miami on the road as a loss before the season, although in hindsight a sack of doorknobs could outcoach Al Golden. God, it would have been fun to win that overtime.

That's why I went with the Sagarin ratings. Yeah, teams can have a good game here and there, especially if you're looking for a way to prop them up. Taking the whole season into account, they haven't looked so good.

Miami fired their coach mid-season. That should tell you something about how good they were doing.

Illinois fired their coach right before the season. The final straw wasn't on-field performance but many thought he'd be gone after last year.

Northwestern's defense didn't look so hot against Michigan and Iowa the two weeks before they played us and the 28 points they scored on us was the second-most they've scored this year (thankfully they have Eastern Illinois on their schedule).

BYU is decent but they're basically us except winning some close ones instead of losing them (and getting dismantled by Michigan - we'll see how we do against an actual good team over the next month).

Who is Wisconsin's best win? Us? That should also tell you something.

That's why I went with the Sagarin ratings. Yeah, teams can have a good game here and there, especially if you're looking for a way to prop them up. Taking the whole season into account, they haven't looked so good.

Miami fired their coach mid-season. That should tell you something about how good they were doing.

Illinois fired their coach right before the season. The final straw wasn't on-field performance but many thought he'd be gone after last year.

Northwestern's defense didn't look so hot against Michigan and Iowa the two weeks before they played us and the 28 points they scored on us was the second-most they've scored this year (thankfully they have Eastern Illinois on their schedule).

BYU is decent but they're basically us except winning some close ones instead of losing them (and getting dismantled by Michigan - we'll see how we do against an actual good team over the next month).

Who is Wisconsin's best win? Us? That should also tell you something.

I think my post covered all this.

What if a meteor the size of the moon hits the Atlantic Ocean tomorrow?

I have thought about this some more. I now believe if this happens he will win the game all by himself. Hes obviously so great that he would be the only person who could survive the meteor.

I hope Tommy plays this weekend and I hope he is healthy both for his sake and for the team. Never wish ill will or injury on anyone.

With that having been said what do you think Happens if Ryker comes in and lights it up next week?

Then it's another case-in-point of this staff mismanaging the talent they have on hand.

It would be the same quarterbacks in the same situation that the previous staff managed, fwiw.

So? What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Especially since it's a new offense, and the old staff isn't around anymore.

Just pointing out that two different coaching staffs with different offensive philolsophies came to the same conclusion about Tommy Armstrong and Ryker Fyfe.

I hope Tommy plays this weekend and I hope he is healthy both for his sake and for the team. Never wish ill will or injury on anyone.

With that having been said what do you think Happens if Ryker comes in and lights it up next week? I'm talking 300+ yards 3TDs and 0INTs. Purdue is terrible. I'm not saying that it is going to happen, but what happens when Tommy comes back presumably the next week against Michigan State? Is this Tommy's job no matter what?

Your counterfactual is so unlikely that it's tough for most people to process. Folks tend to *change your* counterfactual to *their* counterfactual in ways they find more plausible before they process and conclude.

If Fyfe did as you said I guess he'd play a lot in the next game but not start. Just my guess.

Now..my counterfactual. Fyfe goes 64% and no Int's and we convert 44% of third downs. That I can see happening. And I'd be happy about it and very curious to see how the coaches react to it.

I hope Ryker plays well, and we win, but i don't think he takes Tommys spot no matter what..

1. Tommy Armstrong is only a small part of the reason were losing . He cant control dropped passes,bad play calls, bad blocking , bad defense etc. Sure hes made some dumb plays, and ill advised passes, but hes made many more good ones than bad, Hes our best chance to win at the QB spot.

2. Very rarely will a starting QB lose his spot due to injury.

• Fire 1

2. Very rarely will a starting QB lose his spot due to injury.

True. But a new coach who inherits a starter but likes the inexperienced back-up better might use an injury to cover his true ambitions for the team.

Jim Harbaugh, Colin Kaepernick and Alex Smith say hello.

But I don't see that happening here.

You know what? I'm looking forward to it. He's never played in game with the first team, he's never played 3-4 drives a game to get a rhythm going, and he might provide a spark. Purdue couldn't be a better opponent to start him against. He doesn't need to be a world beater, just take care of the football and manage the game. If we can't run the ball effectively against Purdue to help him out, there are severe problems.

Let's see what the kid's got.