Overtime: Purdue Post-game Overreaction

Mavric

In my mind, this loss to Purdue is 1000x worse than ANY OTHER LOSS I can think of.

Purdue was 1-6. We were down 42-16 and Purdue let up on defense.

I understand the implications of firing a coach year 1, but I can't think of what else to do. POB doesn't win this game for us. He doesn't, not behind that offensive line.

Edited by Thanks_Tom RR
Emotional posts? Good. It's Overtime!
  • Fire 1

In my mind, this loss to Purdue is 1000x worse than ANY OTHER LOSS I can think of.

I understand the implications of firing a coach year 1, but I can't think of what else to do. POB doesn't win this game for us. He doesn't, not behind that offensive line.

Yes...firing the coaches would immediately improve the offensive line play.

what qb with which coach can win behind that line?

Well, after today's showing, I just wanted to reiterate that if you're thinking that this staff needs more time, or more recruits, or more gainful employment at Memorial Stadium...you are part of the problem. There's no excuse for this s**t show of a staff--they had enough talent to win the division, or at least make a bowl. Now we're being beat up by Purdue to the tune of 55 points.

But hey, at least Riley is a nice guy. He may take the jet through the DQ drive-thru on the way home to get ice cream for his kiddos, pinch them on the cheek, and hand them a participation trophy with a cute little bobblehead football player on it...like what they give the kiddos nowadays in rec sports.

And no, for the twits that can't help but think in black and white, this doesn't mean we want Pelini back. It means that Eichorst should have done his actual f*****g job right the first time and actually interviewed coaches and opened the pocketbook to get someone of quality to come to Lincoln.

• Fire 1

You think Cavanaugh is going to mold any group into a decent OLINE? We can't even recruit the position well enough. Can't develop, it's been that way for a long time now.

Look at Iowa's OL, they are ALWAYS good in that program.

I'm pulling so hard for this squad. I'll always believe in scenarios where we can win until the final horn blows. I just want the best for this program. Nothing seems to be going our way... Damn, it's hard. Stay strong Husker Nation. GBR.

Edited by Thanks_Tom RR
Good fodder for Overtime! Merged.

You think Cavanaugh is going to mold any group into a decent OLINE? We can't even recruit the position well enough. Can't develop, it's been that way for a long time now.

Look at Iowa's OL, they are ALWAYS good in that program.

Cavanaugh is a pretty good OLine coach, check out his bio on Huskers.com

The play of Cavanaugh’s offensive lines helped the Beavers to record-setting offensive numbers and to bowl appearances in six of his 10 seasons in Corvallis. Behind the play of Cavanaugh's offensive line quarterback Sean Mannion set single-season and career Pac-12 records for passing yards, completing his career in 2014.

The Beavers' offensive line also paved the way for several all-conference runners. Beaver running backs Yvenson Bernard and Jacquizz Rodgers each produced three 1,000-yard rushing seasons behind Cavanaugh-coached lines. Cavanaugh’s offensive lines were also regularly among the league’s best at protecting the passer.

Cavanaugh's players at Oregon State were regularly honored for their efforts. Andy Levitre, Jeremy Perry and Isaac Seumalo each garnered All-America honors under Cavanaugh, while 23 of his players earned all-conference honors in the past decade.

The offensive line play for Oregon State has allowed the Beavers to have success both running and passing the football. In 2013, Oregon State ranked third nationally in passing offense by averaging nearly 375 yards per game. On the ground, Oregon State featured a 1,000-yard rusher in each of Cavanaugh’s first six seasons in Corvallis.

Cavanaugh was also a key part in directing some of the nation’s top offenses at Hawaii, while tutoring the offensive line from 1999 to 2004. In each of his final four seasons with the Warriors, Hawaii ranked in the top 20 nationally in total offense, including second in 2002. Hawaii featured a potent passing attack, largely due to Cavanaugh's lines allowing just one sack on every 26 attempts.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209804999

He's a good oline coach, give him time to prove it....or don't.

It may just give us a defensive scheme that doesn't allow 457 yards and 55 points to Purdue though. Unless you also think Indiana St. has more talent than us